🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hourly jobs
Page options
9cb8f80f
Community Member

Hourly jobs

Hello!

I am a Graphic Designer who has very recentky joined upwork. I am trying for an hourly based job but dont know how to go about it? I know there ids a time tracker but should I have on even when I searching something on the internet related to the client's work or brainstorming the logo or sketching it? I need a little guidance please help, i really dont want to overcharge the clients.

Regards,

Shrruti

1 REPLY 1
sullivanliz
Community Member

You should use the tracker when you're working and stop it when you're not. It doesn't matter what part of the job you're working on, track it! You're here to get paid, right?

A couple of things: the tracker works in ten minute blocks, so if what you're doing is less than ten minutes work it might not be worth tracking. If you can, save these little bits of work up and do them all at once so you can log a chunk of time.

Also, if you're working outside of your computer (on pencil sketches for example) you might need to ask your client to use manual time for that as the tracker tracks keystrokes and mouse movement and will think you're doing nothing if it doesn't pick these up.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths