🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I edit the order of my employment hist...
Page options
vagregory
Community Member

How do I edit the order of my employment history?

How do I edit the order of my employment history? In my freelancer profile, it looks like the employment history section is setup in order of the most recent start date. However, my strongest field experience is also the job I've held the longest with the oldest start date, so it ends up at the bottom... which means my potential clients have to click "more" to see it. How can I move it up to the top of my employment history list?

9 REPLIES 9
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Virginia,

The employment history is arranged in chronological order based on the start date by design. There is no option to change the order of items in the employment history at the moment but we will share your feedback with the team.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I would also like to change the order of my work history. I have had a  full-time graphics position at the same company since 2010, but I have worked various freelance jobs since then. I am  still at my full-time employer, but it's hidden at the bottom of my list. If a client borwses my profile it will appear as if I've only had a few short-term freelance positions and not a 10- year career position. Any job positions a freelancer is currently in should appear at the top of the page.

Please advise! Thank you.

4310f5a5
Community Member

Same problem here, 15 years of festival organizing ends up at the bottom, while short term projects take up the space on top. 😞 Please find a solution!

giacomo-ranieri
Community Member

Same problems as other commentors. Is there a solution to this yet!?

Hi Giacomo, 

The employment history is arranged in chronological order by design. Is there anything that you wish to highlight in your employment history? Top freelancers recommend listing the history relating to the types of projects you seek on Upwork. However, if you want to highlight anything from your employment history, I suggest including it in your profile overview. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

Shouldn't the most recent employment - the job that you currently work at - be at the top. I have had a consulting business for the past 20 years and it is showing at the bottom since I started it in 1999. Can you improve the site so that users can just drag their job history into the desired position?

Hi Laura,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

mtngigi
Community Member

Change the dates - that's how. Your freelance profile is not like a work resume; most clients rarely care about or look at employment history. They're here because they need a job done, not because they're hiring employees. What's most important is your profile and portfolio.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths