🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID photo upload for identity verification isn...
Page options
7d6b1cdb
Community Member

ID photo upload for identity verification isn't working

Hello!

I received an email to verify my identity after accepting a contract yesterday. My ID expired, so I was able to renew it this morning, but the new one won't arrive for several weeks.  I attempted to upload a photo of the temporary paper one I was issued, but I kept getting an error message (I believe it kept saying it's not a valid form of ID or something like that).

Obviously, I want to get this issue resolved so my contract isn't negatively impacted.  Can someone please assist me with this?

Thanks in advance!

-Bree

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Upwork support was actually phenomenal in reaching out to me right away and they were able to resolve the issue so that I'm now verified 🙂

I completely understand why this is an issue they have to consider very carefully and why there are so many safeguards in place.  I just happened to be in the midst of one of those annoying hiccups that happen during adulting!  But it all worked out great and I'm very appreciative of the efforts of the support team members who assisted me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cf05215b
Community Member

I'm not able to directly assist you with issues on specific platforms like Upwork, but I can offer some general guidance on how to handle the situation:

1. **Contact Upwork Support:** Your best course of action is to contact Upwork's customer support immediately. They can provide guidance and assistance in resolving the issue related to your ID verification. Upwork's support team is typically responsive and can help you navigate through the process.

2. **Explain the Situation:** When you reach out to Upwork support, be sure to provide a clear and detailed explanation of your situation. Mention that your original ID has expired, and you've applied for a renewal but only have the temporary paper ID at the moment.

3. **Follow Their Instructions:** Upwork support will guide you on how to proceed. They may ask for additional information or documents to verify your identity in the meantime. Be prompt in providing any requested information.

4. **Keep Communication with the Client:** If you have an ongoing contract and are unable to resolve the ID issue immediately, it's a good practice to keep your client informed about the situation. Clear and open communication can help maintain a positive working relationship.

Remember that Upwork takes identity verification seriously for security and compliance reasons. They will work with you to find a solution that allows you to continue your contract while ensuring the necessary verification is completed. Be patient, and follow their instructions to resolve the issue.

Upwork support was actually phenomenal in reaching out to me right away and they were able to resolve the issue so that I'm now verified 🙂

I completely understand why this is an issue they have to consider very carefully and why there are so many safeguards in place.  I just happened to be in the midst of one of those annoying hiccups that happen during adulting!  But it all worked out great and I'm very appreciative of the efforts of the support team members who assisted me.

6211235a
Community Member

I have tried verifying my profile 100 times, I mean literally. 
Tried passport, Government Id and god knows what not. Tried reaching out to customer support and every time they give the same canned response. Can anyone here help us get verified? It is just not my account, a couple of my friends are also facing this same problem for a month now. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths