🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Intro
Page options
iamsyedzahid
Community Member

Intro

Hello everyone in the Upwork community,

My name is Zahid and I am an experienced graphic designer who is new to this platform. I am here because unfortunately, the economic state of my country, Pakistan, has made it challenging for me to find work locally, so I am turning to Upwork to expand my horizons and offer my services to clients globally.

I have been working as a graphic designer for several years now, with a focus on branding, print design, and visual communication. I am passionate about creating unique and effective designs that help businesses and individuals achieve their goals. However, since I am new to Upwork, I am still learning how to navigate the platform and how to effectively find new clients.

That is why I am reaching out to the Upwork community today for help and guidance. If you have any tips or suggestions on how to get started on Upwork, or how to best present myself as a designer on this platform, I would be extremely grateful to hear from you.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction, and I look forward to connecting with you and working together in the future.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parthbhavnani
Community Member

Hi Syed, for someone new like you, there are two important aspects to winning jobs here -

1. Your profile

2. Your proposals

Your profile, the way it is, should work in getting you jobs. However, since you don't have reviews, you need to make sure you write proposals better than most other freelancers do. For this, here are some tips off the top of my mind -

1. Talk about yourself, sure, but talk about the project at hand more. The clients are more interested in seeing what you can do for them, than seeing what you can do.

2. Go into detail. If you think 'clients won't read beyond the first few lines of the proposal anyway' right from the get-go, you won't end up writing good proposals. Write as if someone is going to read through all of it. One in a few clients do read the whole thing. If you write well, they will contact you.

3. Show relevant work to them in proposals, and talk about how this relates to their project.

4. Don't be afraid to share your ideas with them before you begin the project. Clients appreciate detail, and trust me, it's not easy to take your ideas and replicate them through someone else. If your ideas resonate with clients, they will hire you.

I hope the situation in Pakistan improves. Good luck with Upwork. Feel free to get in touch with me if you need additional help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parthbhavnani
Community Member

Hi Syed, for someone new like you, there are two important aspects to winning jobs here -

1. Your profile

2. Your proposals

Your profile, the way it is, should work in getting you jobs. However, since you don't have reviews, you need to make sure you write proposals better than most other freelancers do. For this, here are some tips off the top of my mind -

1. Talk about yourself, sure, but talk about the project at hand more. The clients are more interested in seeing what you can do for them, than seeing what you can do.

2. Go into detail. If you think 'clients won't read beyond the first few lines of the proposal anyway' right from the get-go, you won't end up writing good proposals. Write as if someone is going to read through all of it. One in a few clients do read the whole thing. If you write well, they will contact you.

3. Show relevant work to them in proposals, and talk about how this relates to their project.

4. Don't be afraid to share your ideas with them before you begin the project. Clients appreciate detail, and trust me, it's not easy to take your ideas and replicate them through someone else. If your ideas resonate with clients, they will hire you.

I hope the situation in Pakistan improves. Good luck with Upwork. Feel free to get in touch with me if you need additional help.

iamsyedzahid
Community Member

Thanks a lot, appreciate that 🙂

b6321acf
Community Member

Hi! I'm Zillah, a medical doctor from Nigeria. New to upworks, no experience at all. Special interest in proofreading and editing because I love reading. Glad to be here and hope to receive help and direction from you all. Thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths