🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need your suggestion
Page options
20bb8f41
Community Member

Need your suggestion

Hi Guy's, 

Pls see below & attached screenshot. Added this worksheet in circular, asked to contact in telegram, they are asking 5 dollar anti fee for work, I told to come to upwork but they say it is telegram work, then why this circular in upwork! is it fake? plz advise

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Mohammad, 

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I would recommend you check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you stay safe on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Mohammad, 

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I would recommend you check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you stay safe on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
20bb8f41
Community Member

exactly 

3b4a8fd1
Community Member

Simple and clear: It's a scam! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths