🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » One-Time Refundable Deposit
Page options
cdc7927c
Community Member

One-Time Refundable Deposit

Hello, I’m Tea, joined Upwork recently. Three days ago, I got my first client who assigned me a document copy-paste project. However, we communicated via Telegram. After completing my task, I proceeded to request payment, but they asked me to make a “one-time refundable deposit.” My question is: Are there refundable transactions if the client wishes to make a payment to us?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
c35742d8
Community Member

Hello, let me warn you pls do not fall prey to such company as they will keep asking you for more money on the plea that its refundable but you will be losing your money. I have been through this scam so wanted to warn all who can be lured in by getting simple translation or pdf conversion or copy paste jobs.

Upwork admin should also keep such clients away.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
c35742d8
Community Member

Hello, let me warn you pls do not fall prey to such company as they will keep asking you for more money on the plea that its refundable but you will be losing your money. I have been through this scam so wanted to warn all who can be lured in by getting simple translation or pdf conversion or copy paste jobs.

Upwork admin should also keep such clients away.

rekasesh
Community Member

Ejaz is right.

It's a longtime scam. Please go through Academy tutorials and read this post before you apply to any jobs here. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

cdc7927c
Community Member

Thank you so much Ejaz and Rekha for the information, I almost fall into the scam. Next time i should be careful to select the job.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths