🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: When will a job in active job list will b...
Page options
a0d220b8
Community Member

Re: When will a job in active job list will be appearing in "My Jobs" ?

Hi,

I had applied for a job, and the client received my proposal, contacted me through an Upwork message, and assigned this job to me. I must start working tomorrow. This job is a contract-to-hire job and has the potential to convert long-term. The following are my query:

1. This job appears in the active job list under the "proposal" section but does not appear in the "My jobs" section. I am confused as to whether "I am hired to work or not." Am I hired officially to work for the client? The client is asking me to start working from tomorrow. This is not an hourly-based job, so there is no time log. 

2. When will this job appear in the "My jobs list". Meaning, when will a job appear under the "Contracts" section? so that I am considered under this job contract.

3. This job is still open for other freelancers, and the client is interviewing others as well. 

4. Can I start working with this client tomorrow?

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Meghana,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with this client. I checked the job you are referring to and it appears that you have not received any offer from this client yet. Upwork does not encourage freelancers to initiate or submit deliverables to the client before accepting an offer on Upwork. 

Initiating work or submitting deliverables before an official offer can pose risks, such as payment disputes or unclear terms. It's essential to wait for the client to send a formal offer through Upwork's platform before beginning any work to ensure both parties are protected by Upwork's policies and payment guarantees.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you throughout your freelance journey on Upwork.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi PradeepH,

Thanks for your reply. Let me explain it this way: the client has his own YouTube channel and wants to hire me as "Video Content creator", aske me to create 5 long videos for him. I asked him to give offer letter and he said that at this point he cannot give offer letter to me since he does not know exactly how much earning will my videos get on his channel once uploaded, meaning I need to first create 5 videos first then he will upload it and my monthly income is purely based on how many views my videos are generating (in the form of RPM) then after 1 month he will evaluate my income and client agreed to pay through Upwork platform only. He says since he does not know budjet for payment and this job is not hourly based also, so client said he will give me offer letter once he knows the monthly revenue my videos are generating in his channel. Next he will give offer letter and then pay me monthly.

Can you please inform me is this ok with Upwork working TOS? 

Thanks and Regards,

Meghana

It is violation. Client must agree price then pay. How many views - not your problem. Do not work without contract or for promices.

Ok  thanks.

Hi Meghana, 

As Mykola shared, please keep in mind that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

I would encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I would advise you to check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you get started and stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths