🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Same phone number for 2 different accounts
Page options
c574f4a7
Community Member

Same phone number for 2 different accounts

Hi.  I have a personal account for upwork, but recently my currently employer created me one.  When i tried to create the employer profile that my employee created for me, it says the current phone number has already been used on a different account.  How do I fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

You can only ever have one account.  I've flagged your post so a moderator can assist you with this.

AndreaG

Hi Vy,

I checked and it looks like you've closed this account. If you need any further assistance please feel free to reach out to us through our different support channels.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
40d2c56a
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I had the same issue. I have a closed account and same phone number for the new account. It won't let me verify the new account. How to deal with this? 
Thank you! 

Hi Claire,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hey, I have the same issue. I have a closed account and same phone number for the new account. It won't let me verify the new account. How to deal with this? 
Thank you! 

You aren't allowed to start a new account; you could be permanently banned. You'll need to contact customer service and ask them to restore your old account.

Hi Fortbyte,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
306793bc
Community Member

I am having the same issue.  I have an upwork account I would like to keep. I created a separate upwork for a completely different skill that I am marketing to a completely different set of potential clients.  I removed my phone number from my original upwork account.  Upwork still isn't letting me verify my phone number on the new account.  What do I do?  I can't get ahold of anyone on the chat and when I try to create a ticket, it just says "link has been moved"

Hi Leah,

Please be aware that our platform (Upwork) has a policy of allowing only one user per account and one account per user, which ensures a fair and transparent marketplace for everyone.

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths