🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Suspicious rar file
Page options
84bf1111
Community Member

Suspicious rar file

Yesterday I received a job offer from a client named '**Edited for Community Guidelines**' for a Facebook ad campaign. Before I received the offer I wanted to discuss the job and the client wrote me details, and sent me his FB page link. But for the campaign information, he sent a RAR file through email. When I downloaded it, unzipped and tried to open it wanted access to my network, files, and everything. I felt weird and I deleted everything from my computer and also from trash. When I informed my client about it he said it was for their security reason the file is in that format that's why some software doesn't recognize it. When I told him about all these and to send a new file in another format through Upwork he hasn't replied yet.
 Another thing when I was discussing with him the same job offer came from another profile named **Edited for Community Guidelines** but the profile logo was the same. When I asked him he said this was his colleague and he told me to work with him.
Both the profiles were from Vietnam. When I asked my client about it he said the company is from Vietnam but his business is in Miami, Florida.
I don't have any idea if it is normal? Should I continue with the client? 

Please guide me. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Shahinur
1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Shahinur,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths