🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Tips for finding that first job
Page options
AndreaG

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

740 REPLIES 740
ed3ea47a
Community Member

how i find a work on upwork

4001b71c
Community Member

Hello my good community people please I'm new here and to be honest I doesn't have any knowledge or any idea about upwork please i need help

f52185cf
Community Member

Hi I am new here...I can't figure out when  can I start working..lots of notification in my Gmail but I don't have an idea what this for....

f250bbb1
Community Member

Hi, Upwork community,

Kindly visit my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010b00953132c76057

I need a job about SEO of Etsy listing .kindly hire me for a small demo. I will do the first 3 listings absolutely free.

Thanks

Regards,

Huma Ramzan

3ca6c93e
Community Member

Hi guys, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've spent a lot of money, but nothing I've tried seems to work. I've been personalizing each letter and offering the best prices, even providing examples. I've been trying to update and adjust my profile constantly. Do any of you have advice? I don't want to give up. I need help understanding where I'm going wrong.

Here's my profile for reference: My profile 

Thank you for your help.

hi Alexander B,

kindly rate my profile 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010b00953132c76057

Thanks

Regards,

Huma Ramzan

It’s gotten a lot harder lately than it was a year or two ago. It’s a numbers game - you need to send many proposals to get an interview. But I refuse to pay for connects - that’s how to lose money.

That's happened to me too. I've been spending so much money and time personalizing each letter. I think it's getting harder and harder. 😔😔😔

b8ace247
Community Member

If I am understanding this correctly, we are unable to link or add work to our portfolios until we get a client here?? If that's correct, why? Wouldn't it be easier to get that first client if we were able to show what we are capable of?

c52c88f7
Community Member

How can I earn in Upwork 

Good question. I've done everything they suggested, but it's all for nothing. I just can't afford to spend so much money these days. Nearly £150 pounds for nothing is just too much

c52c88f7
Community Member

It means 1st we hv to invest some money on work then we can earn some money ?

fd672589
Community Member

Hey How to do work here  in this upwork, we have tried so many times but we are not able to do it, 

0a9cbf19
Community Member

Hi am new here at this platform please give me some advise and tips how to hook up a job, thank you.

b25ff887
Community Member

How to make quiz for different topics

79afeef8
Community Member

Data entry

7593004c
Community Member

Hi I am Sadaf amin from pakistan, I  in retyping document, pdf conversion, data entry, copy pasting etc. I can do all sorts of typing jobs according to the needs of the clients. I will provide my sarvices Regular communication is really important to me, so let’s keep in touch!”I’ll fully project manage your brief from start to finish

Hi I am Sadaf amin i am from pakistan I will provide you content writing Regular communication is really important to me, so let’s keep in touch!”
I provide you
Content writing
Video editing
Graphic
YouTube thumbnaile
7593004c
Community Member

Hello upwork community, please I'd appreciate it if someone could please review my profile and provide some feedback. I keep sending proposals but no offers and job yet.

Hi I am Sadaf amin i am from pakistan I will provide you content writing Regular communication is really important to me, so let’s keep in touch!”
I provide you
Content writing
Video editing
Graphic
YouTube thumbnaile
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
2eae8d7f
Community Member

New to upwork guide me

Hello Abdul,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.
~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths