🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » help
Page options
271b672b
Community Member

help

I'm new to Upwork, so my client told me this and I have this feeling about this.

This is the message he sent me:

It seems good enough, you can start working on project 1 but let me clarify the working model first.
we'll assign you project via email because upwork charge 10% of the contract from both (client and freelancer) hence we can save 20% on each contract but you can get paid for your work via upwork, To send your payment we'll directly deposit in your upwork account from our payment system remitspro in this way you'll not get review on your upwork account but only payment. for the payments you have to give us access to your upwork account because we'll need login details to directly upload funds from our payment system. If you agree then fill this form https://forms.gle/x1927vzwttiFDxG26 and wait for the project email and further guidance. Before filling go to settings of your upwork account then click on connected services and make sure Google sign in is disabled.

2 REPLIES 2
fred-derf
Community Member

Hi!

Looked through the message...very, very suspicious.

I would send this to someone in Upwork "support" helpers.

Stop any work on your project until you hear from "support" sometime.

JoanneP

Hi Malou,

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot communicate, offer, or accept payment off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it). Similarly, asking to work outside of Upwork is also against Upwork TOS. It would be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:
You may also want to read up on this Community article and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork.
~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths