🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » My Client asking more work after end the proj...
Page options
rakibkhan90
Community Member

My Client asking more work after end the project but now given 1 start review when i refused extra

I was hired to install theme,,, 

but when I received his order client said to install all plugins after installing theme ,,

I also did it ,, but after that he asked me to import demo data I also did it ,, 

But now he wants to setup his theme,, because his menu is not working but when I delivered he checked everything was good and he said ok ,

Now he asked to set up the theme so everything works fine, but he just hired me for installing theme ,, 

I replied him if you want me to fix your website menu or others issue we need to go through new contact as its about theme customization / setup but now he given me 1 start review ,,

what should I do now ?

bellow I pasted a screenshot 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Rakib,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If you have a problem with the feedback you receive, you have the option of responding to clarification or rebuttal. You can learn more about this here.

~Andrea
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rajiv:

The client sounds like a very a bad person. I am sorry that you had to experience this.

If you refund the $20 associated with the contract, then the contract and its one-star rating will disappear from your profile page.

I am not recommending that you do that. I am making an observation.

You probably already know that refunding the money will NOT eliminate the effect of provable feedback on your JSS.

An alternative you may wish to consider is keeping the money and talking to us here in the Forum to get help writing ONE succinct sentence to post as a response to the feedback. One perfect sentence that will neutralize that inappropriate bad feedback in the minds of most potential clients who see it.

I like the idea, brilliant!
here's a suggestion for a neutralizing sentence:

When a simple task gives birth to 3 unpaid projects. This is the result!
Thank you for such a good lesson!

to be improved...