🐈
» Forums » Support » Bring Your Own Client program - LOTS OF CONFL...
Page options
indrajitsinh-ray
Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

220 REPLIES 220

Hi Pavel,

If you are interested in Bringing your Client to Upwork, you can do so if you upgrade your Plan to the Freelancer Plus Plan. One of the Perks is to be able to invite your client to Upwork. Once you have upgraded your membership plan, you can go to your Community profile settings and click "Submit a request" under the Freelancer Plus tab. You will be contacted directly with more information on how to move forward. 

I have also requested our team's assistance. One of our team members will contact you directly for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
140copywriter
Community Member

So, upon reading lots of confusing information on Upwork Help Center, Community, and Google, I need someone with accurate knowledge to enlighten me on a few matters to clear the fog and outdated information around this topic: (I believe many people would benefit from clarifying these)

1. Is the "Bring Your Own Client" program still available?
  2. Who is eligible to benefit from the program?
    • Some sources claim that "Profiles with Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, and Rising Talent badges can benefit from the program by emailing to BringYourClient@upwork.com" while others claim "it's available only for Freelancer Plus plan members regardless of their badges".
  3. When you bring a new client by using this program, the service fee you pay for contracts with this client will be 0%. We know this. BUT! Will any other fees be paid by a freelancer or the client other than the 0% service fee? 

NOTE: This whole thread is about the "Bring your Own Client" program, not the "Bring Your Own Talent" program.

My client joined Upwork 2 days ago via bring your own client program.  He hired me on the contract. But till today there no 0% service fee offered by Upwork at all. I think it's no longer offered.

You need to reach out to Support to apply 0% service fee if all requirements are met. It's not applied automatically.

Bringing your own personally developed client to Upwork is a huge mistake.  Why show him that he can buy same services at cheaper price?

1) You don't trust them with payments, so use Upwork Escrow Protection.

2) It may be easier to handle the payments for you or the client or both.

These are the only reasons I can think of.

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, I am interested in joining two new clients on Upwork. Could you please tell me how can I contact support and get the Unique link? 

So, to clarify it even further for everyone, here's the comprehensive answer I got from Upwork Support. It answers all questions:

To answer your question, yes, our Bring Your Own Client (BYOC) is still available.

Just a reminder, the main idea of the Bring Your Own Client program is for you to bring your off-platform client here in Upwork, which means you have worked with this client outside Upwork and wish to bring him over to take advantage of the features and the 0% service fee program. The client must be an entirely new user and should not be connected to another existing client account on Upwork.

The 0% service fee is not applied automatically on contracts once your client hires you, please follow the steps below accordingly.

Here’s how to get started:

1. Send your client your personal invitation link above
2. Have them hire you on a job so a contract will be established.
3. Email BringYourClient@upwork.com with your client's name and contract ID.
4. We’ll review and apply the 0% fee on your contract within 3 business days.

Here are some few reminders and additional information:

• You can use this same link to invite another off-platform client you wish to invite here in Upwork provided you remain Top Rated | Rising Talent
  • If you’ve brought a client to Upwork, you’ll continue to be eligible for the reduced 0% fee on all contracts you have with that client.
  • This discount only applies to any client you bring that is entirely new to Upwork from the time you received the message about Bring Your Own Client. We cannot honor the 0% service fee if they already have an existing account on Upwork.
  • The 0% service fee is only applied to you as the Freelancer, necessary fees will be applied to your client when they make payment to you. To know more about this:  Client Marketplace and Contract Initiation Fees
  • If you are operating as an Agency, only your Exclusive Agency Freelancer will benefit from this program.
  • The BYOC program cannot be combined with other existing programs such as Direct Contract here in Upwork.
  • In the event you lose your Top Rated | Rising Talent badge and still wish to enjoy the 0% service fee perks for Bring Your Own Client - you may want to try our  Freelancer Plus that offers the same promotion.
usmansurda
Community Member

I brang client from BYOC. He made a job post sent me invitation. I accepted it and sent back proposal. He accepted it and sent me offer but I havent received the offer he sent yet. can you please guide me. 
I even opened case its been 15days since i opened it noone responded yet

Hi Usman,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. However, I see that the team handling your case has responded to the support ticket you raised with more information and further instructions for resolving the issue. Please continue coordinating with the team through that same ticket so that the team can assist you more efficiently.

You may access your ticket on this page or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Ajay, There is no update yet, You can check the ticket

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Usman. I notified the support team of this and they'll be sharing an update with you soon via your ticket. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ammarsiddique1
Community Member

How do I get a 0% fee waiver for new clients I bring on upwork?

I have a freelancer plus subscription.

Hi Ammar,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding your request. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
89dd4a94
Community Member

Hi I want to bring a new customer to the platform and make use of the 0% fee for me and for the customer.
Is it like this? For the client it will also be 0% fee?

Please let me know how I can make use of this.

541efd09
Community Member

I heard that there is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Client) feature where we have 0% fees. I want to invite my new client to Upwork he is not on Upwork. So from where I can get the  BYOC link which I can send to my client so he can register and start working with me.
From where I can get the link. Kindly guide.

P.S. I am not talking about direct contract, I know about it.

Hi Razi,

Please know that this is a program we’ve introduced to only a few selected freelancers. The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

You may consider upgrading your plan to Freelancer Plus and take advantage of the perks of bringing your own client to Upwork. I hope this clarifies. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
aureate_ramos
Community Member

i brought a client to upwork and you have a policy that if we bring a client, service fee will be waived, i need the fees to be refunded.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths