🐈
» Forums » Support » 0% fee when you bring your own client
Page options
indrajitsinh-ray
Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

219 REPLIES 219
hugh_ace
Community Member

Hi

I am H Woods.I have a client and I want to continue working with him on UPwork.He has not joined Upwork till now. So, I want to invite him and continue working with me on Upwork.I want to ask,

1) Will he have to pay extra amount on upwork?

2) Will my earning from that specific client will be deducted?

3) what is the way to ask him to join him to Upwork, i.e. any link or anything which tells Upwork that I have asked him to join Upwork?

Thank You

varungs
Community Member

I believe you need to be a top rated freelancer in order to bring your own clients. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

hugh_ace
Community Member

Thank you for your Help.

If I ask my client to work with me through Upwork.

Will he had to pay the extra charges?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hugh, 

Your client will be charged the Client Payment Processing Fees, and corresponding membership fees if they choose to upgrade their account membership.

~ Avery
Upwork
ruhul964
Community Member

If I bring my client here in Upwork. what percentage would I have to pay as a service fee?

petra_r
Community Member

Md Ruhul A wrote:

If I bring my client here in Upwork. what percentage would I have to pay as a service fee?

If you get your invitation link and the client joins Upwork using that specific link, you pay no fee on all contracts with that client. The client pays the standard 3% 

ltahal
Community Member

Hello,
sorry for intrusion on the topic but I wanted to ask. the bring your own client for 0% payment for top rated freelancers offer is no more ? the clients have to pay 3% now ?
thank you in advance for the reply 🙂

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Just to clarify, Top Rated freelancers can still invite clients to sign up through their unique link and receive 0% fee on their contracts.
However, the 3% fee is for the client and it is applied to each payment they have made. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can I get a link to invite a client to UpWork?

Hi Kyle,

Looks like your team already provided your personal link for you. You should be able to access your support ticket by using this link.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also want to invite my Client 
can you please tell me how ?
Thanks

Hi Bilal,

Please know that the Bring Your Own Client program is currently only available for Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. As you are not meeting these requirements, you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. You'll be paying the standard Service Fee.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a37a7d9b
Community Member

Hi, can you please elaborate step by step the below statement you mention. Thanks.

you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract...

Hi Maria Fe,

It means that the client can sign up for an Upwork account and send you an offer that you can accept and start working. The standard Service fees will apply on the contract.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

My agency have "Rising Talent", how can I invite my client to UpWork with 0% fee charges, where can I find that link?

Regards!

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
majohar
Community Member

Will my profile show both my job success score and earnings in this scenario?

Hello , I want to bring my client to Upwork, can you help me with the procedure? Thanks

Vukasin

Hi Vukasin,

Just to clarify, are you referring to receive your own unique link to invite clients outside of Upwork and have 0% fee on your contracts? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sorry, I already recieved link thru chat support, thank you for the quick response anyway. All the best

If I am bringing my own client out of Upwork does its Jss could be counted.

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if your query is about circumvention? Circumvention is when a client and freelancer meet through Upwork but try to continue their relationship outside or elsewhere. The most obvious example is trying to pay or get paid outside Upwork, but also includes people trying to contact you outside the platform, through Telegram, Whatsapp, etc.

If so, please be reminded that It's a serious breach of our Terms of Service and may result in your account being suspended. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ehaamkhan
Community Member

Hi sir 

I want to invite my client to Upwork .

How may I.

Please let me know asap

Hi Amjid,

Thank you for your message. Do you already have a personal link to share with your clients? If not, you can request for it by emailing BringYourClient@upwork.com for you to share with your clients outside of Upwork to avail of the 0% service fees. 

**Edited for more information**

Direct Contracts can also let you manage contracts in the Upwork platform with your clients who don’t have an Upwork account. Enjoy the benefits of escrow services, simple contract management, faster payments, and dispute assistance should a problem arise.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello,

I am not top-rated on Upwork but I do have a client whom I want to bring on Upwork. 

What benefit will I get if I invite him on Upwork?

How can I invite him?

Hi Naveed,

Bring Your Own Client program is currently only available for Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. If you are not meeting those requirements, you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. You’ll be paying standard Service Fee. Upwork Payment Protection helps give security and peace of mind to clients and freelancers working together on both hourly and fixed-price projects.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
majohar
Community Member

then can such freelancers get feedback from clients? will it effect JSS?

Hi Muhammad,

In such cases, since the freelancer and the client will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact the freelancer's Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in their other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

~ AJ
Upwork

how? I am a top-rated plus and I need to invite one of my customers to Upwork. 

Hi Haider,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

How can I invite a client to Upwork? How can I generate the unique invitation link?

Md Jwel M wrote:

How can I invite a client to Upwork? How can I generate the unique link?

Just send the client the link to your profile

Mahmoud S wrote:

You can just send your client your profile url. The 0% deal is available only for top rated client and Rising Talent ones.

aanilaa
Community Member

hi, I'm new to Upwork. I have my client and I want her to bring on Upwork. I have some queries regarding. would be grateful if anyone considers answering.

1.what will be the process? should I invite her via my profile link?

2.if I use direct contract service will she still able to give feedback?

what will be the fee charged to me and my client?

thanks in advance.

petra_r
Community Member

Anila L wrote:

1. what will be the process? should I invite her via my profile link?

2.if I use direct contract service will she still able to give feedback?

3. what will be the fee charged to me and my client?

thanks in advance.

1. You can invite her however you like.

2. No, there is no feedback for direct contracts.

3. You pay 20% on the first $500 you bill the client. It then drops to 10%. The client pays a 3% payment processing fee.

aanilaa
Community Member

Oh ok thanks for the info.

I spent about an hour searching for the way to invite the client and get 0% fees, and all of the Upwork customer service agents don't want to directly say the way to do this like if it's a secret or something!!!

Hi Mahmoud,

I can see that you already chatted with our team about your request. One of our agents will reach out to you directly with your unique link and more information about the program. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths