🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: A business license showing your name and ...
Page options
laure-luinwe
Community Member

A business license showing your name and the company name

Hi! I just want to ask if that enclosed paper works as "

111222333 (1).jpg

"

I will supply this paper with my name and my partner's name to add the company's account to my freelancer account as a payment method . Will it be enough?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Orcun,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
PradeepH

Hi Orcun,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already closed your agency account. That said, your payment method on the Freelancer account must be under the registered name on your Upwork account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! Thanks for answer. But I am a bit confused. in this platform I saw it is possible to use a company account as a payment method for a freelance profile if I declare paper shows my name and the company's name. I was only asking if that enclosed paper works as "A business license showing your name and the company name". Please can you check the screen shot  I shared?

About my agency account, actually I never had one. I was just checking the options on the Upwork website and I opened my agency account by mistake and closed it the same day.

laureluinwe_0-1667631035976.png

Hi Orcun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, you can add an account, even a business account or joint account as long as you're also listed as the account owner

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie! Many thanks for the answer. So, I wonder if that paper as  "a business license showing my name and the company name" is enough to use the company account as a payment method for my freelance profile.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Orcun

**Edited**

Hi Orcun,

Thank you for following up. It would have to be the bank account itself that should have you as an account owner.

We would need a business license showing your name and the company name.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, thanks for responding. But the company will be the account owner, not a single person or people. and there is that sentence in the rules :

"A business license showing your name and the company name"  in your response a couple of months ago which I shared above. And the question was same as mine (for freelancer profile)

That's why I am confused.

Hi Orcun,

Apologies for the confusion. When you enter this bank information, our team will review it for approval. Should we need more information, we will contact you directly to have you submit the document for review.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

So I am asking again then if the paper I submitted above works as "a business license showing your name and the company name".

Orcun

Hi Orcun,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already closed your agency account. That said, your payment methods on the Freelancer account must belong to you and match the registered name on your Upwork account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

with all due respect, I really can not understand the confusion here. We are turning beginning now. which you can see the messages above. Please check my message on that date: Nov 4, 2022

as an answer your this same message. 

If I can not use a company account as a payment method for my  freelance profile, I am confused about the previous posts:

laureluinwe_0-1667631035976.png

Thanks

Hi Orcun,

Sorry if this caused any confusion. To reiterate, to set up a payment method, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account. If you wish to use your company's bank account, you are also able to do so, as long as you can provide us proof that you are an authorized person to use that account. Please see this article for more information.

You may go ahead and add the payment method of your choice, it will be verified and the relevant team will contact you if they need any information from you. Hope this answers your questions!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for answer. I already read that article, that's why I am asking if this paper works as "A business license showing your name and the company name" which is a one of the conditions mentioned in the article. I only want to know the upwork accepts this paper as a business license for my purpose. I have been asking this same question for a couple of days but never got a specific answer to my question.  So I am trying now for the last time if that example paper you can find enclosed,

111222333 (1) (2).jpg

works as a "A business license showing your name and the company name" or not. Please give me that simple answer.

Thanks

Orcun

Hi Orcun,

Thank you for your message. Apologies for the confusion in the earlier message. I checked with the relevant team and they can only guide you about the document once they see the actual document.

You can go ahead and add the payment method of your choice, it will be verified and the relevant team will contact you if they need any information from you. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. So finally I added my company's account to my profile as a payment method and I got the warning "The beneficiary name is mismatched" which was excepted. So in this step, I need to wait for the relevant team to contact me so I can supply my documents, right?

Thanks

Orcun

Hi Orcun,

That's right! However, if more than 48 hours pass and the mismatch hasn't been cleared or the team hasn't reached out, please follow up with us here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Many thanks!

Orcun

Hi Andrea,

You told me to follow up with you here if I will not be reached out, actually I was reached out and submitted my papers, but after that I have been waiting for a long time to get a respond however I was told they would turn me back in 24 hours.
Thanks

Hi Orcun,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

The problem is solved, many thanks.

Orçun

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths