🐈
» Forums » Support » A suspicious client
Page options
3a11485c
Community Member

A suspicious client

I received a suspicious message from a client asking me to click on a link and contact them on Telegram. Please remove the job post and refund the connects, as such offers do not align with Upwork's policy.

4 REPLIES 4
glicellepuelong

Greetings Iryna,

Thank you for your vigilance in keeping our platform safe. I have forwarded your report to our Trust and Safety team for review. To flag the job post in the future, please use the 'Flag as inappropriate' button. This will send a report to the Trust and Safety team and the Connects used for the proposal will be returned once the post is taken down. Appreciate your efforts in keeping our platform safe.

~ Grace

The same thing happened with me today.I submitted a proposal for a typing task and after 2 hours  I received a message from Upwork.I was asked to contact a person in telegram for worn details..when I checked my Upwork profile, the job posting was removed. could this be a scam? Please guide  

87c948ca
Community Member

The same thing happened with me today.I submitted a proposal for a typing task and after 2 hours  I received a message from Upwork.I was asked to contact a person in telegram for worn details..when I checked my Upwork profile, the job posting was removed. could this be a scam? Please guide  

Hi Abid,

If the job post has been taken down it was most likely due to a violation of Upwork TOS. Please, check out this course for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. Also, please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths