🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Breach
Page options
16c61f51
Community Member

Account Breach

Dear Upwork Team,

I come to you after almost a year of being assailed by an unknown person who is trying to breach my account. In a single month, there are at least 3 attempts made and this has been going on for almost a year now. I have two-step verification enabled and every time this person tries to breach my account,  a code is sent to my phone. Will two-step verification be more than enough to keep my account safe or do I have anything to fear? The fact that this person is so ambitious and continues to find ways to hack my account is terrifying. 

Can he be stopped? Is my account secure enough with two-step verification? I am a top-rated freelancer and Upwork is my no.1 source of income. 

Please reach out and suggest anything that could help.

Best regards,

Dawood. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Arsam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling the case. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Dawood,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep,

I am replying to you on the behalf of my brother (Dawood S). Shortly after you shared his report, Upwork's security team suspended his account by placing a security hold for reverification of ownership. He received an email from the security team and was instructed to provide two passport pictures.

It has been more than 48 hours since the required material was submitted. He cannot even reply to you because forums require login as well. Currently, his projects with two clients are pending and he cannot communicate with them.

When will Upwork's Security team withdraw the hold? Dawood is utterly grateful for Upwork team's swift action and cooperation in strengthening his account but time is of the essence. 

Hi Arsam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling the case. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths