🐈
» Forums » Support » Account suspended, Unknown reasons
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
mahfuj9900
Community Member

this is my friend account who provided digital marketing or seo services. Suddenly his account was suspended. But he didn't break throw the role of Upwork. 

So please check it and get back soon

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi MD Habibur,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to discuss other user's accounts with you. Please request account owner to contact us directly so that we can assist them in a better way.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bd409cbb
Community Member

Helllo. This is John Claude Durano I am here looking for anyone who help me regarding my concern. My financial account in upwork has been suspended. I do not know what is the reason, all I can say is that I work at my first ever client with full honesty and has being recorded by upwork tracker proof that I am working. I have my first ever pay to my client in which I was trying to get my paid and then suddenly upwork says "Account suspended- Financial account has been suspended please contact customer support" so I did contact the upwork customer support and now I am monitoring my gmail for their update. I am still working as of today, and I am very hoping that my account would be fix. Thank you !

Hi John Claude,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
66d4273b
Community Member

Hi! this is Juliana

UpWork have blocked my profile because they found another acount linked to me. I did two profiles by mestake.
My user for the account that it's ok it's Hotmail. The blocked account is G-Mail. 
When I try to login with my Hotmail account appears a message that says that for that account I use Google to login. And here it's the problem: the email to loging with gmail is the same that I used on the account that UpWork bloked me.

I just don't know what to do 😞

Hi JULIANA,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to check the email address associated with your account to find the email with more information related to your account status. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
openstack
Community Member

Hello All, Upwork suspended my account for financial overlapping between my user account and my company profile. Upwork not issue any warning notification by this time to me from upwork system. This is a fault on Upwork system. This is a mistake on Upwork. If any situation user violate Terms system must send notification and stop user to do it. 

I wants lifted or remove my financial transactions of my company have been limited now. I have contact support but not able to understand them this situations. 

I do not have any problem with any client but I have confusions with Upwork system whether they following Employee Rights into upwork system. 

This is my profile:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010865cbb714559271?viewMode=1

Hi Muhammad Saydul,

I'm sorry if we weren't able to get back to you sooner with your concern. I have escalated your report to the relevant team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket here once available.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4eccc576
Community Member

To whom it may concern

I'm receiving this message and I really need help as I can not resolve this. 

We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information. Error [759e4c0f2fb3da0b-SEA, 759e4c0f2fb3da0b-SEA]

Why were you suspended?

Thank you Martina.  I have no idea, as there is no balance on my account and I can't find an answer on customer support. I tried calling the phone number but was on hold for over 45 minutes.  In your opinion, how can I find an answer to resolve, it's very frustrating

Thank you

AS

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up and assist you further. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4eccc576
Community Member

Arjay Thank you for the response but I waited 3 days and the account is still suspended but your team said it was solved. This is very frustrating as I have projects and deadlines, how can this be resolved, what do I need to do???

Id 

Status

SOLVED Created  Friday at 03:24 Last activity  Today at 05:05 Requester  Andrew Schneider

Hi Andrew,

I have checked and can confirm that there's no restriction on your account. Don't hesitate to update this ticket if you have questions or are in need of further assistance so that the team can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4eccc576
Community Member

Arjay

The account is still suspended.   This is very, very sad.......

yehor-oleinyk
Community Member

Hi,

My account was hacked by this fake client(attached screenshots) and I got a message that irregular activity was detected on my account. It's on hold now.

I trust the Upwork platform and have gained a lot of experience here. However, recently, there are a lot of fake clients on this platform, and I am taking more damage. It is your responsibility to prevent this behavior. Deactivating my account by failing to prevent these activities is causing more pain for me, who is suffering from war.

What the hell is wrong with me?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yehor,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience.  I can see that there's already a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here or directly through the email associated with your account. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

It would be too unfiar if freelancers were responsible for all of this. I didn't do anything other than trust Upwork.

~ Yehor

Hello,

The same thing happened to me. one client sent me a link and password to review the requirements and budget. I downloaded and there was nothing unless the src format file. I opened it and nothing happened.

After a few days, I got a message that Upwork noticed some irregular activities with my account. It was only then that I found out that my computer, credit card, Upwork account, and more had been hacked. I have reported all of this to the Upwork Trust & Safety Team, but no response yet.

I wish the hackers were blocked, but I am not sure. And if my account was suspended for this, it would be too unfair to me.

This is having a really big impact on my business.

Please save me!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yehor,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I followed up with the team handling your ticket. Please allow our team to respond to your communications in 24-48 hours. Rest assured that the right team is handling your concern and will provide you with the information and solution needed.

~ AJ
Upwork
techwar
Community Member

Due to the inactivity of nearly 4 months my account, my account puts on temporary hold by customer support. I raise the request but no one is replying there, nearly 2 days happen and my 2 clients waiting on me to start work on their new tasks.

Someone from customer support can see and let me know if they need any help from my side or what stopping the process.

Thanks

techwar
Community Member

Due to some problem in my life, I wasn't able to use the computer for 4 months and during that one of my clients during that duration try to contact me directly and via customer support, customer support mentioned due to no response they put my account temporarily on hold.

I raise the ticket, twice the ticket activity time was update but no reply, and neither my account activated. Anyone can tell me why and how I can activate my account quickly because it's almost 2 days happen and my account not open yet, and two of my clients have new work for me and I have also 3 running contracts going on.

Thanks in advance.

Did you talk to an agent directly? If not, Please try to do that. Or is there any option to buy a premium membership? which can withdraw the hold!

I was a premium member but currently, that option is disabled because my account customer support intentionally put my account on hold.

techwar_0-1665932684886.png

Hi Mubashir,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
cdfc3e83
Community Member

Upwork says that I might need to pay a balance (and update payment method), but my balance is $0.

Even still, I updated my payment method and tried paying a balance (there was no balance to pay), so I am turning to this forum. Perhaps I can get an individual support ticket for this because I haven't been able to submit a support ticket through Upwork.

Would really appreciate some help here.

Thank you,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you. Still waiting on the support ticket; please let me know if you need anything from my end, but I will continue to check the link you posted.

Thank you,

Nick

1d3dc656
Community Member

client had credit card issues.they resolved it. please try to take money from them soon. 

Please raise a ticket for the same. 

Hi Jais,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your client's account. Could you please request your client to contact us directly so that we can better assist them?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9b85d69f
Community Member

My account has been suspended without any warnings or notification. I don't why? 

I logged in to my account yesterday and I saw that in the top left corner that my account has been suspended. Now I can't send any proposal. 

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you are now being assisted by one of our agents. Kindly respond to the same ticket thread if you have further questions so our support team can assist you more efficiently. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for respomding to my query, Annie. 
But, I didn't get any message from Upwork agent. 

Hi Muhammad,

Please check this support ticket. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
6c2686c4
Community Member

My problem is:
Financial transactions for your company have been restricted. Please check your email for more information or contact customer support.

I updated the payment method but the account is still locked!

Support unable to contact...

Hi Gianfranco,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
59df7627
Community Member

Why do I want to create an account to work but the next day it was suspended, I confirm that when I started to register for the account, I used my own information and did not violate the terms of service service

Hi Nguyen,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you're referring to? The email address associated with it would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your message. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
59df7627
Community Member

I sent a message already, did you see it?

Hi Nguyen,

Yes. I did receive your message and we appreciate you providing these details. Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS.

I can see that there are already support tickets that's been raised about your concern under the accounts that have been suspended. Please continue communicating with the team through the email that's associated with your original account so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths