🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account got suspended
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

There’s some regulations required on how to upload video files be considerately there’s any violations rules it on there be sure it’s in time durations length time and a clear virsion of your own video make.
Good luck
Mary
6735bc63
Community Member

Dear upwork,

My account has been suspended. Why my account suspended I don't know. I willing to follow all upwork Terms and conditions, Please help me how to get return my account.

Thanks

Regarding to the rules of regulations in upwork get intimates violations among of your works . Try re applying again in a diff. Email . If you want to get another upwork

Direct contact thru help & support community forum for any feedback you need to resolve
thanks

I have contacted the upwork support and raised a ticket about why my account is suspended they didnt even emailed me,why it was suspended.I had raised a ticket waiting for there reply.

Creating another freelancer account is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. I would stop suggesting that.

I have above 100$ transaction left in upwork account can i withdraw money?

My account was also suspended yesterday and I don't know why. I wasn't even sent a mail stating the reason. I have a client I work for and my last payment is still pending. I've contacted the support team, and I hope this issue gets solved fast. 

Same here

Hi Oreoluwa,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Can you help me remove the frozen account? I need to withdraw money

I come from China, my name is Luo Jian, my stage name is Xia Yu

Hi Luojian,

There isn't any hold on your account. Are you referring to an account different from the one you're posting from? If that's the case, can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account you need assistance with?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Ahsan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
625096ca
Community Member

Hello Aaditi
Since you are new to Upwork, I think Upwork can ask you to verify your account anytime. This has happened to me before because I'm a new member as well.
I have to open a Ticket and they asked me to submit my Government ID to the Ticket I created before they can rectify my account.
Just be patient and make sure your Government ID is available in case they request any of it.
You can read more on this to know document Upwork Accept

0e61c6d1
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

Can anyone help me with this?

My Upwork account got suspended on 3rd December.  I did not receive any email from Upwork regarding the suspension of my account. I even checked my spam folder in my email, but I have not received any mail from Upwork regarding the suspension of my account.

But I reached out to the Upwork support team and now my account is active. Now, even though my account is active, I am not able to access my profile.  It says, "this profile is not active". I cannot access my own profile. Even my clients cannot view my profile and portfolio.

Apart from that, all my proposals including active proposals were withdrawn without my consent. 

Can anyone guide me on how to solve this problem? I want to access my profile just as before.

Thank you.

Shashank A R

Hi Shashank,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm facing the same issue. My account was suspended without a reason, and now it is active. But I can't access my profile. I contacted the support team and I was told to clear cache and cookies which I have done, but still the same result. 

Please Upwork, can you provide a solution to this? This is already frustrating. 

Thank you.

Hi Oreoluwa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread so the team can assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork

I'm not getting any response again. I've been stating this issue on the request i created since I found out that my profile is not available. 

I was told to clear cache which I did, but still the same result. 

Hi Oreoluwa,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are responded to in the manner they are received. That said, it may take 48 hours for the team to review and respond to your support ticket. Please avoid creating multiple requests for better assistance. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a409e232
Community Member

Hi 

i have an account that i was using from more than 3 years.i haven't made any violation of TOS but upwork has suspended my account without telling me the reason of the suspension they just say that i have a critical violation and we will no longer assist you on this issue.

i have my money in my upwork wallet.if upwork has to suspend my account upwork should allow me to withdraw my money.

and if i create a new account on upwork does it has any effect on my new account for the previous account suspension?

Hi Shehroz,

I'm sorry to hear that you got caught off-guard about the status of your account. However, It looks like you were able to reach out and raised a couple of support tickets about your concern. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2f763f9e
Community Member

Hi, My account got suspended last week, I contacted Upwork support using Chat and they told me that the account is suspended because my account is from Russia and Belarus.
I am from Pakistan and I never traveled to Russia or Belarus. My Profile location is also Pakistan and I also verify this to Upwork using my Pakistani Identity card. 

Please help me to restore my account so that I can continue working on my profile.
Thanks

Hi Syed,

~ AJ
Upwork
62d01509
Community Member

Hi,

I'm unable to apply and submit any proposals on my freelance account. Can you please assist?

Hi McKinley,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties submitting proposals. I have shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d2f4bf92
Community Member

My paid freelance and agency account has been suspended. No message has been sent to my inbox nor any reasons for suspension have been provided. Last Saturday, tried to submit a ticket (#37959023) but it seems Upwork doesn't care. 

Hi Conrado,

I have checked and can confirm that there's no restriction on your account. You should be able to see both your Agency and Freelancer profiles upon logging in. I can also see that you've raised a support ticket and the team handling your case has taken care of your concern. Feel free to update your ticket here if you have questions or need further assistance and the team will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d2f4bf92
Community Member

Negative. I still can't access/edit my freelance profile. In addition, my agency profile membership reverted to free instead of agency plus. Tried to update my ticket but no update from your end. Please see attached

0D8704E0-F99A-4E83-9392-DF46ABEEDDEF.png

I also tried to PM  you last Monday regarding my concern. However I didn't received any respond.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Conrado,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and you should be getting an update from the team on this page momentarily. We would appreciate your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey Conrado! You can follow these steps for a solution.

Go to Settings ➤ Profile Settings ➤ Profile Visibility ➤ Public

DONE!!

Hope it will work! Thank you

7c601306
Community Member

Good day,

My account has been suspended 15 days ago and still I dont get any response from the VERY UNPROFESSIONAL support agent or any other email from the platform support.
I am unable to send messages, open tickets or anything.

I have already sent some PM here to the moderators and managers, so I hope someone can help me recover my account.

If someone is willing to help please let me know, I will send you any information needed in order to recover it.

Thank you.

Hi Digi,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and I see that the same has been escalated to the team handling your account. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Pradeep,

Thank you for your effort. I appreciate it.

Kind regards

f8ae1e15
Community Member

On 3rd December, my ID got suspended. I have not received any mail regarding this. I don't know if I broke the rules, although as far as I know, I didn't do anything that would have led to a suspension. After 5-6 days after contacting support, they sent the following mail that my account has been activated, but now when I go to my profile it shows "this profile is no longer available". What is the reason? What can I do now?

Hi Saif,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already responded to the same support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
d8427129
Community Member

In about 2019, I created an Upwork account for freelancing, but I didn't know enough about Upwork's policies, so I was suspended for posting a job proposal describing my services.

In 2021, I created another New account with New Email without submitting an appeal for the previous account.

After a year, I signed in to this new account with more than 100 connections, despite the fact that I had not applied for any purpose or earned a single penny.

I started using my Upwork account a few days ago and submitted the necessary information to complete my profile to 100% and start sending proposals, but Suddenly, it was suspended, despite the fact that I had not violated any policies. I filed an appeal but received no response from Upwork, Even when my account was suspended, I did not receive an email from them informing me of the suspension.

As None of my accounts was verified, I created 2 more accounts by copying all the information from the previous account including bank details and after a few hours, they also got suspended.

I tried to contact Upwork but all in vain as no one respond from their side now I have created this account with completely new details, hoping that it will now work and I can start working on Upwork.

Now the question is Why did Upwork Suspend my 2nd Account Even though I have my own content on it nor did I violate any policy?

Second, I was attempting to file an appeal for the first account I created in 2019, but when I tried to log in, they said it was suspended, and when I appealed, they said it was not suspended or active...

Hi Saif,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your account. Please note that creating multiple accounts is considered a TOS violation. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for all accounts?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Ok

9cf0340d
Community Member

Hello My account was suspended and I contact support and it was opened but after they opened the account. My profile has no being available, how can I get this issue sooved pls? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths