🐈
» Forums » Support » Affidavit of Unchanged Status
Page options
dominikmayer
Community Member

Affidavit of Unchanged Status

I updated my taxpayer information to my company, which was established mid 2022. Now I'm supposed to sign an Affidavit of Unchanged Status, which says:

Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined and signed the Form W-8BEN, Form W-8BEN-E, etc and the information and certifications contained therein have remained the same and have remained unchanged throughout calendar year January 1, 2022 through the date on this form and were true, correct and complete for this year.

If these facts and certifications do not apply to you, or if you have general questions about this unchanged status affidavit, please reach out to customer support.

Contacting support is impossible. The chatbot sends me to articles that don't cover my case and refuses to create a ticket. The support e-mail address sends me to more articles.

How to talk to anyone?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for letting us know, Dominik. I'm sorry you were having trouble contacting support regarding this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Dominik,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. We’re creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘chat with Upwork button’.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

If you have a general questions, please share your concern here so that one of our community members or Moderators can answer you. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

thanks for getting back to me.

Yeah, I spent one hour doing this today. I haven't felt as angry as when talking with this chatbot in a while. I never, never get to a solution. It provides me with articles about forms, then asks if I'm happy. I say no, it asks me if I'm a freelancer or a client and what my problem is and I'm back with suggested articles that don't cover my case. I never ever get to a point where my issue is properly handled. The support options it lists are:

• Upwork Academy (nothing to do with me)
  • Ask the community (that's where I am, but I doubt the community can change the thing I'm supposed to sign)

What am I doing wrong? How do I get to someone from the legal team?

Thanks for letting us know, Dominik. I'm sorry you were having trouble contacting support regarding this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths