🐈
» Forums » Support » CLIENT ASKING FOR FULL REFUND
Page options
023319e1
Community Member

CLIENT ASKING FOR FULL REFUND

I started an hourly contract with a client 4 weeks back. All this time, I have been working on the job. I have delivered the work to the client and now the client is showing that she's not satisfied with the job and need a full refund. I already provided a free test job before the client awarded me the job. I also emailed the client to review the work for first week, but there was no response. I continued working on the job and the client has showed up today, after 4 weeks, and asking for a full refund. I understand that if shes not atisfied wih the quality of work, I can co-operate and we can mutually agree on a partial refund. But I have invested much of time and effort on the job and hence can not refund full amount. The client is not at all ready to understand.

Since it was an hourly job, I have maintained the timesheet and have already been paid for 3 weeks. The 4th week payment is in review currently. 

Looking forward to Upwork Support to help me resolve this dispute.

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
spectralua
Community Member

Time paid is your. You can close contract right now if you want.

What you want from support? You can do it yourself.

Client said that she has contacted Upwork Support as she needs the full amount back. All I want is confidence from Upwork Support that this client will not exploit me. I want Upwork Support to decide and make a fair decision. Also, I fear that this might in any way affect my Upwork profile, as I'd never want that. 

Support didn't decide anything.

Don't want be exploited - close contract.

Client able to leave feedback. You can remove it then with Toprated perk.

Is there any chance I get a response from Upwork Support here?

No.

Use ticket. But you have no reason to overload support.

The client has already contacted Upwor and I just don't want my account to be at risk, in any way. 

How do i file a ticket?

Via chatbot. Or some moderator will create it for you when see your topic.

5087f37b
Community Member

The client is bluffing. THe support would have told the client to get lost, for the weeks that you were already paid. If the client had a problem with the quality delivered by you, he would have made it clear from week one or from the first update. Not after you delivered 4 weeks of work. Yes, if it looks like a scams and feels like a scam, it probably is. SO, sit tight, he can't do anything, for the weeks paid, only for the last week that is in review, he can stop payment or dispute it. But Close the contract and that is all. You get a bad review and dispute it.

Thank you for the detailed response. The client has closed the contract with a 2 start rating (as expected). I hope this does not affect my profile, as I am a top-rated freelancer and have requested removal of feedback.

johnasbridge
Community Member

Hi Mehreen - sorry you're having this issue. I have a past client conducting a similar scam and abusing the dispute function to waste my time and ask for a partial refund.

Can someone confirm please that clients are given clear instructions when listing a job that it is their responsibility to check the work prior to signing off time sheets or milstones?
My former client has no genuine complaints but if this point can be clarified I can ask for the dispute to be stopped as it's simply a waste of my time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths