🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't appeal the account suspension.
Page options
43820b66
Community Member

Can't appeal the account suspension.

Hello. I have an account registered with my (outdated) details in Russia. My account was blocked after restrictions were imposed on Russia and Belarus. 

I have now changed my country of residence to non-restricted and would like to unlock my account. But the thing is when I appeal at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/5313574196627-Appealing-an-Account-Suspension with my email, I get an automatic response that "However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended).

If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we’ve disregarded it". But when I'm logging in with the email, I get a message that the account is suspended. I believe the problem comes from the fact that I am using Google OAuth and for some reason, my email is not recognized as suspended by the system.

Please help me to solve this problem.

10 REPLIES 10
ArjayM

Hi Anton,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you're referring to? I'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly from there. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi ArjayM!
My husband has the same problem. When he tries to log in, he receives the message:
"We're sorry, your account has been locked because we’ve suspended operations in Russia and Belarus.",
and when he submits an appeal, he receives the answer that "However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended). If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we’ve disregarded it".
Thus, his appeal is not considered.
As a result, he cannot receive a response about unblocking his account. Since the account is blocked, he cannot log into this forum under his account and initiate account unlocking.
Please, сould you create support ticket regarding his problem?
His name is Viktor Vorobei. He's got blocked his account in March 2022.
It seems that it has been blocked by mistake, because He doesn't live in Russia nor Belarus.
More over, at least since 2018 he lives in Slovenia, and all his Upwork activity has been from Slovenia since that time.
It can be easyly checked by payment history: the latest payment transfers were made direct to Slovenian bank account from Upwork.
I hope for your help, since this is not a typical situation and Upwork support guides don't describe how to solve it.

Please, let me know if you need I to share his login email address.

The last hope is on your help!

Regards, Olena V.

43820b66
Community Member

Hello. It's been a week and I have just sent you another email. Could you help me, please?

CleanShot 2023-12-27 at 18.31.37@2x.png

Hi Anton,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I did receive your message and thank you for sharing your account information.

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page and the email linked to the account you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
28c8c419
Community Member

Hi, Arjay! I rad to register again, because I have exhactly same problem with my account- I recieve the same message when I am trying to revive my account, can you please help me also?
My details are: **Edited for community guidelines**, And name and surname are Eva Naroditskaya

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Eva,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6394a749
Community Member

Good day Joanne, Arjay!

I have the same problem as other members in this topic. My account was suspended due to the fact that it was assosiated with sanctioned region.(suspended account **Edited for Community Guidelines**)

However my residence is Germany for long time already and i can provide all document needed. I can not contact support from blocked account because of the same problem other users here experience.

Please advise how to proceed.

Tatiana

Hi Tatiana,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account linked to the shared email address and can confirm that there is no restriction placed on this account. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep,

Thank you for fast responce! Unfortunately I still can not log in to that account, this message pops up:

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 14.47.43.png

Please advise,

Tatiana

Thank you for following up, Tatiana. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths