🐈
» Forums » Support » Wrong city in location
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Annette,

Your country was updated to Portugal as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Country has been changed to Portugal but it won’t recognise my address and the forces me to choose a state in USA.

Hi Annette,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Just tried after clearing cache and tried with two different browsers. Still only recognising USA address and States despite country being Portugal.

Hi Annette,

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your address information.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
barsnes
Community Member

I am setting up my profile, and when I am typing in my address to verify my location, I can't change my country. When I started setting up my account I lived in the US, but then moved to Norway, which is where I want to set my address.

Hi Tobias,

Your country has been updated to Norway. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
anynova
Community Member

Hi moderator,   

I'm trying to change my country as I have to stay in China for a very long long time. 

However, it seems to be stuck on the United States? Is there any way to solve this problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ying,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to China?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
anynova
Community Member

Yes, please, I want to update my country to China, thanks!

bronnik30
Community Member

Hello! My name is Dmitry. I can’t choose my country, Ukraine, because I have the United Kingdom

Hi Bronnik,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
amy-buchanan
Community Member

I began a profile ages ago when I was living in a different country (USA) - I can't seem to change this to the UK, where I now live.

The bot keeps telling me 'you need to be logged in to upwork from the country you want to change to'. Which I am.

This is infuriating.

Hi Amy,

Your country has been updated to the UK. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much!
tvpatrick
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile however the option for country and address is locked to US. I am not froom the states. How do I get my address and country verified?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tracy Ann,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tvpatrick
Community Member

I need help with completing my profile, I am unable to change the location which is set to US. I am in Jamaica 

Hi Tracy Ann,

Your country has been updated to Jamaica as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ginaoliver
Community Member

Spoiler
Hello, I'm Gina & new to Upwork...

I'm trying to finish my profile but got to the last section & got stuck.

I'm from the U.S. but currently in the Philippines. I need to change the country in order to verify my phone number but currently, that is not an option.

Can someone help with this?

Thanks!

Hi Gina, and Ying,

Your countries were updated as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello 

I have the same issue as the original poster of this thread. I was studying in Thailand when I first signed up for this website but never completed my profile nor used this website. Now I am back home in Bangladesh and would like my profile to reflect as such. Please help with this issue. Thank you.

Zahin

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zahin,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gabriellemara
Community Member

I live in the US now but I created the account in the Philippines and now my location cant be changed 

Hi Gabrielle Mara,

Your country has been changed to US. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

hi the country was changed already thank you! however the cities selection are still cities from the philippines

Hi Gabrielle,

Could you please try selecting your city again? Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ace5165b
Community Member

Hi, I can't change my location in the profile. the button for editing disappears after clicking and doesn't take me anywhere.

Hi Pawel,

Please confirm your current location/country and our team will update it from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
My location is Bydgoszcz, Poland

Hi Pawel,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

Can you please update my location to Utrecht, the Netherlands?

Regards,

Alena

Hi Alena,

Your country has been updated to the Netherlands. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

My country has been changed properly to Poland, but the city remains wrong. I'm actually in Torun, Poland. Not Turku

Hi Pawel,

Our team will resend your ticket shortly and you will be able to view it Here. Our team will assist you further with your address directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
manishsistech
Community Member

How change our country name to India?

Plse help

Manish KD

Hi Manish,

~ Goran
Upwork
orozov-tilek
Community Member

Hi, I've started to fill up my profile and can't change my country to Kyrgyzstan. Now it's set on Ukraine

Hi Tilek,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths