🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot Upload Profile Picture
Page options
e47267f0
Community Member

Cannot Upload Profile Picture

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new account with Upwork; however, the site is not letting me upload my profile photo. It keeps throwing an error. I have tried using both Chrome and Firefox, but both are not working. My photo is in .jpg format. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Erick

3 REPLIES 3
c1c14468
Community Member

Hi Erick,

I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing while trying to upload your profile picture on Upwork. Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the file size and format: Ensure that your profile picture meets Upwork's requirements in terms of file size and format. The maximum file size for profile pictures is 5MB, and accepted formats include JPEG, PNG, and GIF. If your file size is larger or in an unsupported format, try resizing or converting it to meet the requirements.

2. Clear cache and cookies: Clearing the cache and cookies of your web browser can sometimes resolve upload issues. Clear the cache and cookies for both Chrome and Firefox, close the browser, and then try uploading your profile picture again.

3. Disable browser extensions: Some browser extensions or add-ons can interfere with the upload process. Temporarily disable any extensions you have installed, restart your browser, and attempt to upload the profile picture again.

4. Try a different device or network: If the issue persists, consider using a different device or network to upload your profile picture. It could be a compatibility issue with your current device or internet connection.

5. Contact Upwork Support: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, it's best to reach out to Upwork Support directly. They can provide specific assistance and help troubleshoot the issue further. You can contact Upwork Support by clicking on the "Help & Support" option in the Upwork menu and selecting the appropriate category for your issue.

By following these steps and contacting Upwork Support if needed, you should be able to resolve the profile picture upload issue. Good luck with creating your new account on Upwork!

Hello,

I've tried all of the above to no avail. I even tried doing it from my cell
phone via the chrome app as well as the upwork app.

I've attached my profile picture below here for your reference. The size is
3.8 MB.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. I can see that you've already reached out to our support team and raised a support ticket about your concern. Please allow our team time to further review your report, and you will get an update on your ticket here once done. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths