🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot register for API key
Page options
8e6ceef0
Community Member

Cannot register for API key

Hi all,

I am trying to register for an Upwork API key to build a simple job-management tool. However, a "This field is required" message pops up beside the "I understand my account will be locked if I am unable to answer this question" checkbox. How can I continue with the application?

Kind regards,

Angus

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that we shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working on resolving this issue. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JoanneP

Hi Angus,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
88e14dfa
Community Member

Yup, experiencing the same thing! Tried restarting the setup a few times already, no luck. Hopefully we get an answer to this soon!

88e14dfa_0-1711202806722.png

Hi Richard,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cb51470c
Community Member

I'm running into the same issue. Please provide support as soon as possible. Screenshot 2024-04-01 024607.png

e1a5a04d
Community Member

I'm trying to change my address, but this message keeps popping up and it's not allowing me to proceed. It keeps saying this field is required even when I mark it.

Screenshot_20240401-011541.png

3face6eb
Community Member

3face6eb_0-1710941649941.png

Every time I'm trying to update my profile info (like address), I'm forced to set up new password, select secret question and answer, and also put on this 2 flags. But after clicking to "Save", I got the message "This field is required", and no matter that flag set or not.

97ebe348
Community Member

Hello!

I am unable to update my phone number.

I go into settings, change the number, check both boxes at the bottom.

I get an error message "This field is required". I have checked the box it requires and it still will not save.

Please help!

The same for me

Hi Sierra and Alexander,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, Joanne! For me, this problem was fixed the next day. Everything is fine at the moment. Thanks!

a21a7d7e
Community Member

I've been contacting support for this issue. Did all the steps they asked me to follow and even installed additional browser just to make sure but still won't let me. Is there anyone who know how to fix this? cause I'm not sure but they say my account is closed.

139ea85f
Community Member

Hey Upwork team, I am trying to update my name but it is getting error it is not updating.

Hi Usman,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I tried a lot to update through different browser's incognito mode but it could not update.

NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that we shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working on resolving this issue. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths