🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Checking if the site connection is secure
Page options
Community Member

Checking if the site connection is secure

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the time tracker. It keeps bringing the prompt "Checking if the site connection is secure,upwork needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding."

I've already uninstalled my old tracker and installed a new one but with no success.

I have an hourly contract and need to get the tracker ASAP. So, I would appreciate your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We weren't able to replicate the issue on our end. If you continue to experience this error, could you please try using a different internet service provider when tracking with the Desktop App?

If the tracker can be successfully enabled using a different internet provider, you will need to reach out to your main connection provider.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

114 REPLIES 114
kosist
Community Member

I have the same issue. Is it resolved for you already?

kosist
Community Member

For the last 3 days, I have the following issues:

- desktop application shows that "Connection is Lost";

- messages are not opening - there is message smth like "checking security, powered by Cloudflare" and nothing is happening;

- I can't submit support ticket from desktop application - when I go to Settings -> Support, and send request, it shows that error occured;

- I can't create support ticket from web, b/c there is no button or link to create new request (see screenshot).

What shall I do? I've tried to update to the latest version, tried also latest beta - nothing helps.

Sincerely, Ivan.

kosist_0-1675367440256.png

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your report. I've also shared your concern with the appropriate team for further review and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page with your ticket once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kosist
Community Member

Thank you, but I don't have any tickets there - I can't create it. That option is not available for me.

Hi Ivan,

The team reached out to you via email with instructions on how to resolve the issue. You may also check this page for the ticket where you can also coordinate with the team.

~ Arjay
Upwork
94d9cd58
Community Member

Hello,

A few days ago I tried to log in to my Time Tracker for work and I got the surprise that Cloudflare is blocking access. I can't log in, I can't track my time. When I open the app it stays for hours being analyzed by Cloudflare and I can't log in. In the files I attach a screenshot of what I see.

I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting my computer, even reinstalling my browser, but nothing works. Please, I need help as the manually added hours are not within Upwork's protection services.

Hi,

I have the same issue. Up to now I can't access my desktop app and log in. 

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 10.42.42 AM.png

Hi Sylvana Sarai and Renilda,

We appreciate you reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. I have escalated your reports to the appropriate team. Rest assured that they'll look into this and work to address the issue that's causing them. We'll keep this thread updated with more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey there! I've been having the same issue for days and it's really frustrating by now. Desktop tracker won't track time live and keeps giving the same issue 'Checking if the site connection is secure'. I've never had that issue before and have been on the same wi-fi for months now. I checked in with my internet provider and they said everything is fine. I do have internet and every other website is running with no issue. I've also tried to fully restart my app + the computer + my router. I've tried to reinstall the app and made sure I downloaded the latest version. Nothing is working and the prompt persist. I also checked all troubleshooting articles and none of them helped me. Please help! 

Hi Maria,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Last few days, I'm trying to open the desktop app. But it's failed to work (screenshoot attached). . Please, tell me the solution.

2023-04-04_14h34_34.png

Is there no one to solve that issue? Still I'm facing this problem.

Hi Sabuha Islam,

We weren't able to replicate the issue on our end. If you continue to experience this error, could you please try using a different internet service provider when tracking with the Desktop App?

If the tracker can be successfully enabled using a different internet provider, you will need to reach out to your main connection provider.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Upwork Team,

Hope this finds you well. This is Eric Kiguru a freelancer on Upwork. Today morning I couldn't load the Upwork Desktop app it gives this message 

Checking if the site connection is secure
Upwork needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.

Attached is a copy of my screenshot. Kindly help so I could resume tracking time for my esteemed clients. Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards, 
Eric Kiguru

Please restart your computer, log in to your upwork account and then launch your Upwork Desktop

I have done that with no success

Hi Eric,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We weren't able to replicate the issue on our end. If you continue to experience this error, could you please try using a different internet service provider when tracking with the Desktop App?

~ Arjay
Upwork

Got same issue today. But it works now. Mabe some system failure which already fixed.

NikolaS

Hi All,

~ Nikola
Upwork
marjan22
Community Member

Having same issue what to do ?? No solution as i see is provided 

Hi, I keep getting connection not secure when using my Desktop app.

Hi Ginadel,

Could you please try using a different Internet service provider when tracking with the Desktop App?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Changing ISP is not an option for all. We use Microsoft Azure VM to do work. Why would microsoft data center would block any of the request. I suspect it is cloudflare security captcha not showing up.

Hi Vinit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you are already in communication with our support team. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. They will be able to assist you further. 

It is best to keep all communication in one place so that we can better assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Vinit,

Has your problem been solved? If so, in what way?

Thanks.

Change ISP? Sure, why not. In fact, I will also change my computer and the office just in case.

Or it may be easier if you fix this problem in the app? Not sure what this "checking security thing" actually does, but if causes trouble - why not simply remove it.

3f98e34e
Community Member

Desktop app issues

Is anyone experiencing this error?  Upwork needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.

The app started by losing connection and now reviewing security 

I have not tracked time for a full week. Upwork said they were working on it but still no change

Kindly assist on how to solve this

Hi Cristhel Mae,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
8adc5605
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing the similar issue. I have updated the tracker. Followed all the trouble shooting steps. Impossible to get live support?I have updated the tracker. Followed all the trouble shooting steps. Impossible to get live support?

angel-belen
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the time tracker. It keeps bringing the prompt "Checking if the site connection is secure, www.upwork.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding."

I have an hourly contract and need to get the tracker ASAP. So, I would appreciate your help!

Hi Angel,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn that you're having issues with the Desktop App. Could you please try using a different Internet service provider when tracking with the Desktop App?

~ Arjay
Upwork
hiddenben
Community Member

I am having issues to start time tracker again,

hiddenben_0-1684265671363.png

please help

fe27c963
Community Member

Hi,

I am having same/similar issue authenticating the security of the site via Cloudflare page, see Screencast -> https://screenpal.com/watch/c0h3oMVAAQL

I don't understand the solution - I can't try another ISP, I only have one.

Any suggestion?

Hi JF,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fe27c963
Community Member

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths