🐈
» Forums » Support » Client account was set up by an ex-employee w...
Page options
aba44db4
Community Member

Client account was set up by an ex-employee who doesn't remember the security question

Hi, I'm the CEO of a tech company which spends $25k+ on Upwork every month. My company's account on Upwork was set up by an ex-employee using Google sign-up and he also set up a security question on Upwork. As I'm the company's owner, I have access to his gmail and was able to log into his Upwork account that way, but I'm always prompted to answer the security question he set up when trying to change the control of Upwork account to my own email address. The ex-employee unfortunately doesn't remember the  answer they set up on Upwork anymore.

I'm incredibly frustrated by this because I have ongoing contracts on Upwork so can't shut down the company account, and also need to add new employees to hire talent but I'm unable to make them hiring managers as I don't know the answer to secutiry question and neither does the ex-employee. I need help.

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Vardhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
aba44db4
Community Member

Nikola – thanks but I'm not seeing any tickets on the link above. Please advise. I have a couple of ongoing contracts where the Upworkers are asking questions (which I can see on email notifications), but unable to answer them because of these issues. Please advise when this can be dealt with at the earliest.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths