🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Client ask me to pay outside upwork (payp...
Page options
dbab365c
Community Member

Client ask me to pay outside upwork (paypal,alipay /wechat)

Dear Upwork,

I have recently received a job posted from a client who wants to pay me outside of upwork, I have evidence for this , I can provide it to you if you ask for and this client said that he used to pay like this to other freelancers before.  But I rejected to get paid outside of this and asked him to pay me via upwork only.

Then he agreed to that, then ask me to find 1 supplier first (the deal is 5 suppliers total ), he put the money in escrow already for finding 1 supplier, then I submit all of the information to him with 4 more suppliers (all contact and others) for him to choose and even assist him with other negotiation/translation with suppliers after that (this is not what is requested in the job but i still did it ). And at the end, he said he doesnot want to pay me for what I have provided , informations, contacts , translation because he said he cannot do the business with these suppliers. 

This is not true at all, he said that i only need to find the supplier to them, but dealing the business with them is not my job and i make it clear for him also right at the beginning that it is out of my control as well .

He seems like not wanting to pay me from the beginning by asking to pay outside upwork, but now, he threatens me not even pay me when his money already in escrow .

My biggest concern here is that if I still can get my money back for what i have worked and provided to him, what should I do now . I have all of the evidences about this client for what he said and willing to provide all to Upwork to investigate and judge it for me.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Halimah,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I see that you have already submitted the work on the active milestone. Please allow the client to review and approve or reject the submission. Meanwhile, I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further on your report against the client.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Halimah,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I see that you have already submitted the work on the active milestone. Please allow the client to review and approve or reject the submission. Meanwhile, I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further on your report against the client.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths