🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client has by mistakenly submitted Testimonia...
Page options
hamagust
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

318 REPLIES 318
b28eb42c
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to request a testimonial and filled all the info correctly but getting error "invalid LinkedIn Profile".

I tried different ways and still getting the error.

Please advise. Thanks! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed, 

Could you please confirm if you tried clearing your browser's cookies or used a different browser to see if the issue persists? Your client will need to have a LinkedIn profile, and you will need to add their LinkedIn profile link to submit a request. Please note that we cannot accept links to company profile pages. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b28eb42c
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Yes, i cleared the browers' cookies AND used differed brower but the issue still present. In fact, the issue is with two different clients. It's all regarding thier Linkedin profiles (Not links to company pages). 

Hi Ahmed,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kosandi
Community Member

To : The Support Staff.

Hello,

I am Kosala Sandirigama, a keen participant in Upwork. 

While updating my profiles, I noted there is an area titled "Requesting a Client Testimonial" wherein

participants can showcase skills and successes from clients outside of Upwork.

I am a person who has finished full-time work with employers and wanted to join Upwork. I have good

testimonials from each and every employer in the past and would like to know whether I can attach

those to my profile pages as I cannot request new ones from each of those. If it is possible, please let

me know in which area I can attach those. 

Appreciate your early response pls.

Thanks & Regards,

Kosala S.

Hi Kosala,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
kosandi
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you so much for getting back to me regarding my need to upload testimonials.

What I meant was whether there is a way to upload my hard copy service certificates (testimonials) as scanned soft copies instead of reconnecting with each and every employer to do some additional work after my leaving their employment.

I fully understand what you have suggested and endeavor to do once that way. In case of not responding by any employer,

let's see another alternative.

Anyway, thank you once again for the assistance you offered to me very early.

Regards,

Kosala

Hi Kosala,

Thank you for clarifying this. You can definitely add Certifications to your profile. It is a great way to show clients what you are able to do and find well-matched opportunities. Feel free to check this article for you to be more acquainted with how the procedures work. I hope this helps.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kosandi
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks a lot for your clarification. I will follow up the update you have suggested.

Rgds,

Kosala

427f1556
Community Member

Hi, I have sent a testimonial request to my client for feedback here. But Client says, he didn't receive any email from Upwork. Its almost five days, Can anyone help me here 

Hi Asif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
19a9b0d6
Community Member

With the way Upwork works, we generally know very little about our clients beyond their username and location. I've been told in the past and have had messages stating not to share emails with clients, as I guess Upwork wants us to stay on site and not communicate with clients outside of the site. 

So if I want to request a client testimonial, how am I expected to know their LinkedIn profile and email address?

Why isn't there a way for us to request a testimonial from the client profile on Upwork? A way to select from our recent contracts and choose which client to request a testimonial from? 

How can we be expected to know so much information about our clients when by definition Upwork doesn't give us or allow us to get information about our clients? 

Isn't this problem solved by the Review System ?

Testimonials are a way to highlight work you’ve done outside of Upwork so they are not intended for your Upwork clients.

Hi Alex,

We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting Testimonials from these clients. You can request Testimonials from the clients you worked with outside of Upwork or on other platforms. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. for the time being, you may want to visit this help article to learn more about how Testimonials work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9f7ece75
Community Member

Hi Arjay - is there a way to request a testimonial for someone who is no longer on LinkedIn - one of the key people I worked for has retired and no longer has a LinkedIn profile.

Emma

Hello Emma,

I'm afraid it won't be possible. The client needs a LinkedIn profile for you to submit your Testimonial request to them. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
samiaasif
Community Member

I requested a testimonial from a client from outside Upwork. She misspelled my name at one point. Is there a way i can fix just my name? 

Hi Samia,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us. I have escalated your request to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
02ba2b37
Community Member

Hi Tomoe,

I send a request for a testimonial from Upwork. It's going to be about two months but as yet showing " Your testimonial request is awaiting Al-'s response". My client confirm he was sent what I require. And another one is pending. I know Upwork  is best platform. 

Please solve my problem.

Best Regards

Emtiaj Jahan Isha

Hi Emtiaj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c5d96bcd
Community Member

I have requested a testimonial from a non-Upwork client. He has asked me to resend the request because he created a new LinkedIn Profile. It's not letting me resend the request. Can someone help me? THANKS!

Hi Marc,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
amitmpatel27
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support.

I need help with following.

I requested client for a testimonial. My client was writing testimonial, and it was incomplete. But still somehow the page got refreshed and it was submitted. So, can my client has access to edit the testimonial which was already submitted?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Amit

Hi Amit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hii Pradeep,

Thank for creating a ticket but I am not able to access that ticket OR I am unable to access that ticket under my requests page. Kindly help.

Thanks!

Hi Amitkumar,

Thank you for following up. Could you please try to access your ticket using this link? If you are unable to check the ticket, please check your email. If it's not in your inbox, kindly try checking your spam folder.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5f15c756
Community Member

Hi all, I see one of my testimonials is pending. However, the co-worker it is coming from is currently unemployed so I had to send it to her personal email. The other's were sent to professional emails but I haven't had anything come through for those yet. From the other threads I read, I am aware I should wait 10 business days prior to expecting any sumbited testimonials to show on my account. I was just concerned this would not clear due to logistics. Thanks in advance, - Teale

Hi Teale,

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. for the time being, you may want to visit this help article to learn more about how Testimonials work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5f15c756
Community Member

Thanks, I can see the testimonial in question on my profile now. Is doesn't look like gmail was an issue afterall. Thank you. 

danish438
Community Member

One of my clients has submitted a testimony for me, but it still shows as pending, how long it will take to reflect in my profile? 😞

Hi Daanish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that it takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Cool, thank you for your response...!

Hey Moderator Annie Jane B -  Its been more than 5 days now, still my testimonies are under review,,could you please confirm when they will get approved????

Hi Daanish,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. I can see that your Testimonial request has been sent and is now on Pending status. As Annie Jane mentioned, it takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. We'll email you as soon as your testimonial is approved. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
danish438
Community Member

Hey Arjay,

I still didnt got my testimonials added .

Hi Daanish,

The testimonial will be reviewed within 10 days from the date the CL submits their testimonial.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6eeb6769
Community Member

Hi.

My testimonial from a client is pending for almost more than a week. 

Why its taking so long? 

When it will get approved?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
41329ea2
Community Member

Hi,

I have submitted requests for testimonials from my past clients since I am new on the platform and no hire yet for me to get testimonials, however I believe it's more than 10 hours I notice my testimonials from my previous clients were pending, please I had like to know how long it will take to reflect or is there a particular procedure that is ongoing that I don't yet understand? Please I need answers.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths