🐈
» Forums » Support » Client has receive a month of good Honest wor...
Page options
ad881a53
Community Member

Client has receive a month of good Honest work and wont release the milestone and Ghost me.

I want to fill a dispute against my client's that is not releasing the funds. I'have been working with the client for a month - whit full report every week and plenny of proof of doing a good job for him. Now that it's time to pay he ghosted me and he won't release the milestone.

On september 2th I sent him  : Fri, Sep 02 Yuri Lamarche 7:38 AM Brandon Smith Good morning :)id say we had a good month on Google. We started investing 600 a day with a 1.05x in the first month to $1.4k a day at around 1.7x ROAS. My suggestion for the next month, 1. revisit Youtube ads 2.setup bign ads (I'm expecting a good roas at around 400-600 per day. It's just a matter of you creating an account and adding your credit card there and invite me to the account. 3. TikTok ads we have nothing to lose. 4. What do you you think about using your personal Facebook ad account *This is the end of the month, as mentioned last week, my billing is set at $3,113. Would you mind settle this? I understand you might need some time to do so, totally understandable. We can either go through upwork system or we can use another method.

I don't know what to do, I really did a good job for him that paid off thremendously.

10 REPLIES 10
spectralua
Community Member

Is milestone funded? Use option submit milestone. Client have 2 weeks to accept or request changes. If not then funds will be released to you.

I have done this and the money was not released. I've sent a milestone approval on the 12th, 22days ago and I'm nothing happens. 

ad881a53_0-1664289915403.png

What can I do? I'm not getting any answer from support...

Support cannot do anything to solve your problem.

Milestone 3 was not funded for week from July 27 to August 2nd.

You even have a message saying the Client hasn't paid the milestone yet. Make sure the milestone is funded before starting the work.

A milestone has to be paid to be able to fund the next one.

You repeated the same scenario for the next 2 weeks by working on unfunded milestones.

You can ask the client to pay you with a bonus.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Yuri:

You are doing this wrong.

I don't wait a month to get paid.

When I am working on a big fixed-price contract which entails a ton of work, I get paid every day. I don't wait a month.

Wouldn't you rather get paid every day, rather than wait a month? Or not get paid at all?

We had a really nice and fair relationship and we were both excited to work on this project - this was my first contract and I didn't want to spoil it. We used to talk every day of the progress we were making. Now I demand half at the start half at the end...

ad881a53_0-1664368692172.png

I have sent a milestone approval on the 12th, 22days ago this and the money was not released. Is it a bug? What do I do?

Yuri:

You are doing this wrong.

You can't demand payment.

If the client doesn't want to pay you, he doesn't have to.

You should learn from your mistakes and move on.

Only work for money that is funded in escrow.

Don't work if the milestone is not funded.

I am sorry if you are disappointed. But you learned an important lesson.

re: "What can I do? I'm not getting any answer from support..."

This is not a Custoner Support issue.

Do not try to get help from Support for this.

There is nothing they can do.

If you have questions, ask here in this thread.

I'm very upset - I really thought your system was foulproof. I'm deeply disapointed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths