Page options
1860d59e
Community Member

Connects

I don't have a credit card. how can I buy the connects? Please advise. Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Md Jasim,

If you cannot purchase Connects, please know that each month, freelancers receive free Connects to help reach out to more clients. Freelancer Basic accounts receive 10 free Connects each month, and Freelancer Plus accounts receive 70 Connects each month (including 10 FREE!). 

Additionally, there are various ways in which you can earn Connects:

• You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification
~ Joanne
Upwork
1860d59e
Community Member

Hi Joanne,
I am carrying a rising talent badge, but this month I did not receive the monthly 10 free connects or rising talent free connects till now.

I can't buy connects so my account perception of has Availability Badge is off. how can I recover my Availability Badge?

I don't have a credit card. can I use my friend's credit card for buy connects?
how to solve this issue, please advise.
Thanks,
Md Jasim Uddin

Hi  Md Jasim,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you already received free monthly Connects for your current billing cycle. You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

Regarding the issue with Rising Talent Connects. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Additionally, you may want to check this page to see how you can Turn On the Availability badge. 

I would also like to clarify that you are allowed to use another user’s card as a Billing method (paying for membership fee, Connects, or contracts) provided you are authorized to do so. If any issue arises, the team will reach out to you. You can find more information on available billing methods in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths