🐈
» Forums » Support » Contact customer support
Page options
junko-t
Community Member

Contact customer support

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing well. 

I'm a top rated freelancer, and need to contact the Upwork customer support directly regarding one of the payments (Upwork commision %).  I have read some past threads, but couldn't find similar cases or answers I was looking for. 

Please provide me the access to a Live chat or email address I can contact to.  Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Junko,

Please send me a PM with more details about the contract you're referring to so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Junko,

Thank you for your message. Could you please share your concern here so that we can assist you further?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
junko-t
Community Member

One of my clients’ accounts was hacked recently, and she had to register a new account as it was taking a long time to reactivate her account. Hence I delivered my recent work to her new account while I received the project documents from her previous account.

The first project I billed to this client was $1270, and the last work I delivered was $1927. I understand that the Upwork platform fee is 10% for the client that worked with over $1000, but in this case it was treated as a new client and charged 15%.

I would appreciate it if you could assist me on this.

Hi Junko,

I totally understand your concern and situation. Firstly, please note that we cannot share information about another user’s account for privacy reasons, which we hope you understand. You can advise your client to reach out to our customer support for assistance in securing their account. We will surely review and assist them accordingly.

As a freelancer, you’ll pay a sliding fee based on your total lifetime billings with a client. Because we want to give you the flexibility to change contract types as you work together, we count all your contracts with a client –– whether hourly, fixed-price, or a Project Catalog project. 

Here’s how it works:

• $0-$500 in earnings from a client: 20% service fee applied to earnings
  • $500.01-$10,000 in earnings from a client: 10% service fee
  • $10,000.01 or more in earnings from a client: 5% service fee

You can check your progress toward reduced fees under Reports › Lifetime Billings by ClientFeel free to check this help article to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
junko-t
Community Member

Hi Arjay

Thank you for your reply.  Could you advise me what action should I take from my end?  

As I explained previously that 15% was charged as a sliding fee instead of 10% for my last submitted work, since my client's new account was treated as a new client to me.  I feel that the extra $100 deduction is not justifiable in this case.  

I would appreciate if could provide me a direct contact to the customer support so that I can provide the necessary details for Upwork to review.  Corresponding on this forum is great, but I would rather be more specific to save everyone's time. 

Thank you! 

Hi Junko,

Please send me a PM with more details about the contract you're referring to so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
junko-t
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I just sent you a PM.  Thank you so much!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths