🐈
» Forums » Support » Contract is on temporarily hold.
Page options
iamkhatkar
Community Member

Contract is on temporarily hold.

I have a project that started last week and I was supposed to get paid today. But I got a notification from Upwork that the contract is on hold. I know that there is an issue from the client's end, But I just want to know, Am I gonna get paid for the work that I have done till now? What if the client doesn't show any interest in correcting the payment method? What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your contract. Yes, your contract is paused due to an issue with your client's Upwork account and you will not be able to continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, though we cannot share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. Your payments for the logged hours will be processed once the client's payment method is successfully charged. 

We advise that you wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
iamkhatkar
Community Member

Hey, Pardeep!

Thanks for your response! Actually, The reason is quite clear. There is a problem with his payment method. I'm just asking am I gonna get paid for the work that I have done till now or not? If a freelancer works for 8 hours a day for a client for two straight weeks and did get paid for that, even if It is not a fixed-priced project, am I gonna get paid? I should get paid. Please help me out with that.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Khatkar

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amit, 

During the security period, the amount paid to you appears as Pending on your Transactions page. Each payment lists the date we expect it to be available. If your funds don’t become available on the expected due date, there was a problem with the payment (such as a declined card) and it’ll remain pending until your client resolves the problem. The total outstanding account balance is re-charged daily until the invoices are paid. Continued failure by a client to pay invoiced hours triggers a review to qualify for Hourly Payment Protection.

If Hourly Payment Protection is triggered, the client will be suspended, and your contract will be paused until the balance is paid. When the issue is resolved, which usually doesn’t take long at this stage, the contract is automatically resumed. It often helps speed the process if you contact the client to discuss the delays and a timeline for resolution so your payment can be completed and, if you so choose, the project can continue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey, Avery!

Thanks for your response. Please help me understand this. Let's suppose a client joins Upwork and his motive is to just get some work from a freelancer and uses a card that has some issues and he hires a freelancer. The freelancer doesn't have any idea of the client's card issues. He works for him straight 2 weeks and then he gets an update from Upwork that he is not gonna get paid until the client resolves this issue from his end. And the client doesn't really wanna continue. He got what he was looking for. But What about the freelancer? He is not gonna get paid for his two week's hard work. Is there any solution to that? What if my client doesn't update his card details? I'm not gonna get paid and It's my loss.

Please do something about it. It's a request from a freelancer.

Thanks and Regard,

Amit Khatkar

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths