🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Free Connects
Page options
hadikallas
Community Member

Did not receive connects after interview

Hi!

I got interviewed around 36 hours ago for 2 PROPOSALS that I submitted. (Did not work with these clients before), but I only received 10 connects. Can you please check?

Also If I get invitation from clients who I never worked with, do I get connects?

Thanks
Hadi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,058 REPLIES 1,058
1e7759eb
Community Member

Hi, This is Md Shahriar.

2 days ago, suddenly, I got an invitation from a client for a job which I didn't applied. So far I know that if a freelancer get any invitation, he/she gets 10 free connects.  But, I haven't got my free connects after yet. 

May I know why? Or is there any changes? 

I hope you understand how important these connects are. 

Thanks.

Regards.

Md Shahriar

Md Shahriar K wrote:

Hi, This is Md Shahriar.

2 days ago, suddenly, I got an invitation from a client for a job which I didn't applied. So far I know that if a freelancer get any invitation, he/she gets 10 free connects.  But, I haven't got my free connects after yet. 

May I know why? Or is there any changes? 

I hope you understand how important these connects are. 

Thanks.

Regards.

Md Shahriar

You are misinformed. You only get connects if you sent a proposal first. No changes, always was this way. 

3511b6aa
Community Member

Hi Sir

Yesterday i was invited for an interview but did not get my free connects till yet.

Its about more then 24 hrs

Hi Majid,

Thank you for your message. Please note that you get free Connects for responding to the client's interview messages only to jobs where you applied initially by sending a proposal. Free Connects are credited within 24-48 hours on your Upwork account. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Free Connects are credited within 24-48 hours on your Upwork account.

3511b6aa
Community Member

Hi Sir

i submit a proposal for a job and i got a message for  interview even i get hired.

But didn't get free connects till yet its about 48 hrs

Hello Majid,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Sir

Thanks Alot Recived 

08d94f06
Community Member

I didn't receive connects from these interviews. Please help me. Thanks!
**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nuriddin, 

It looks like it hasn't been more than 48-hours. Kindly wait for 48-hours for the Connects to be credited to your account. 

The second job you shared was removed from the marketplace for violating the Upwork Terms of Service. As such, the Connects used for the proposal sent for the project will be automatically credited to your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
08d94f06
Community Member

Hi Avery,
Could you please check again the first link? I didn't get free connect from this. Thank you.

islamsahidul82
Community Member

Again, I received a job interview but didn't get free connects. What can I do now??

Hi Shahidul,

Please allow time for the Connects to be automatically added. If in case it has not been added within 48 hours, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please inform that 48 hours already gone. I got a proposal interview before last Friday. Please check and give me my earning connects. Thanks.

Hi Shahidul,

Thanks for the information. I have already requested the assistance of our team about your Connects. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fatimasarguroh
Community Member

I recently sent a proposal for a job and was responded to by the client. However I did not receive any free connects for this. It has been well over 48 hours. Can someone help me with this? 

Hi Fatima,

Could you please confirm the job post/proposal you're referring to so we could check?

~Andrea
Upwork

It's this one.

Hi Fatima,

Are you posting a screenshot? If you did, unfortunately, it is not showing in your reply. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I think you can see it now

Hi Fatima,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bd40a2cd
Community Member

Hi, I have responded to few interviews but I got 10 free connects only for one of them. Also, I haven't got back my connects for the jobs that have been closed. What's a problem?

Hi Nijat,

Thank you for your message. Please note that free Connects is offered for responding to the interview messages on jobs where you applied initially by submitting proposals. This is not applicable to jobs where you responded to the client's invitation to apply to their jobs. Also, I see that the Connect for the canceled job is already refunded back to you. Please refer to Connect History page for more information.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
hanahakim
Community Member

Hi
This is a common problem that I've faced many times already, but this time I decided to ask for help. 
In the last 48 hours, two of my proposals were answered, so I got 2 interviews. 
For one of them, I was hired, and I did NOT receive 10 connects. 
For the other one, where the interview is still on, I did receive 10 connects before the 24 hours were over. 
Thank you for giving me 10 extra connects. Working on Upwork is already hard enough.
Thanks

Hi Hana,

I checked your account and can confirm that everything is working as designed. Since you have received an offer directly, you're not eligible for the bonus of 10 free Connects. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't really understand, so bear with me please. 
I submitted a proposal to a job. The guy directly offered me a contract. In this case I don't Get connects? That's not logical at all, because I used my connects to submit, and he responded to my proposal by hiring me. 
In this case, I hope they don't hire me anymore, so I keep getting your precious connects.

Hi Hana,

That's right, these free Connects are meant to be awarded for interviews (the client messages you, and you respond). In this case, there wasn't an interview since you were offered the job right away.

You can learn more about Connects in this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork
c4694dab
Community Member

Hello there,
I am Ehtisham Safdar and I have recently gone through three interviews with clients and even won a project from one of them. However, my connects have not been updated. Normally the connects are updated within 24 hours of the interview but recently it did not happen. I have attached a screen shot as well. The higlighted extra connects added (Qty: 20) were the ones I bought myself. I did not get the connects due to the interview. Please help me on this issue.
Regards.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ehtisham,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into this request and assist you accordingly. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a46c4adc
Community Member

It's been 3 days did not receive 10 free connects for responding to the interview?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Please note that we're awarding a bonus of 10 Connects only in case when you submit a proposal to a client, win an interview, and reply. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
munirmukul
Community Member

I know that we usually get 10 free connects for each interview. Recently I've got a new job but still I haven't got free connects till now. What's the issue there? Can anyone help me in this regard? Thanks. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MD, 

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you to assist you further with your concern. Kindly refer to your support ticket for more information and don't hesitate to post questions on the same ticket thread so that the team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
08d94f06
Community Member

Hi Avery,
Could you please check your inbox? I didn't get connects from more interviews so I have sent links direct message. Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nuriddin, 

I'm sorry if I missed seeing your private messages. If you need help with your concern, it would be best to post it here in the Community so that the moderator available at the time of your posting can assist you immediately.

I want to clarify that there is a cap of 50 Connects that you can receive every seven days. We are also not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nesrin_lim
Community Member

Hello freelancers,

For the past 3 days, i was able to receive the extra 10 connects for every interview everyday ay 1.20 am my local time, but this day i haven't received anything even though I landed 3 interviews, how do I get my connects please help.

Thanks,

The limit is 50 per week.

But before you send any more proposals, put some more work in your profile. What languages are you talking about, you don't even say it. Don't offer anything in English. I'd also remove the portfolio example, it falls short of impressing with your skills. 

idamschennai
Community Member

Hi Team

I have seen recently few jobs has been closed which are applied months back.

I hope  the connects spent to retrun into to my account upon those closure of jobs.

Please clarify 

SENTHIL MURUGAN S wrote:

I hope  the connects spent to retrun into to my account upon those closure of jobs.

No. You don't get connects back when a job post expires.

You only get them back if it was proactively closed by the client without any hires or Upwork took it down because of a violation of the terms of service

Hi Senthil Murugan,

Below are information about when Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

You may read more about it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths