🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct contract - client does not receive a s...
Page options
a51d2741
Community Member

Direct contract - client does not receive a security code at his email to access the contract

Hi, I would appreciate some input from Upwork support team or anyone with experience on this issue.

I have requested a payment from my client for the second and last milestone on a direct contract. However, my client didn't get the code to access the contract from the link even if he tried several times for over two days. It just doesn't get to his inbox, and old codes don't work, obviously.  Without accessing the direct contract, there is no way my client can release the funds, so I contacted Upwork support through a ticket.

This is the reply from the support team via ticket:

I understand your client is not getting the access code for the direct contract. I have reviewed your account and indeed the direct contract milestones have been funded. 

Also, I tried to access the link you provided and It shows a prompt to request for the code, which I believe your client should have access to. Ideally, once your client requests the code should be sent to his email instantly.  Sometimes there are delays.  

I will suggest you advise your client to get in contact with our support team using this link https://www.upwork.com/about/contact. Once he reaches out we can further assist in resolving the issue.

Now, this is a direct contract, and my client is not registered with Upwork, meaning there is no way under the sun he can reach out directly to Upwork support. He can't log in as he has no account and there are no answers/articles in the KB. Even if I switch my account from freelancer to client and go to support, all the "dispute direct contract" articles are written for the freelancer, not the client reaching out to support.

To sum up, my client can't access the direct contract to release the funds without the security code sent to his inbox, but no matter how many times he tries the security code from the contract link doesn't arrive. Also, he has no way of filing a dispute and/or reaching out to support without having access to the direct contract in the first place.

I would really appreciate some input from the support team on this issue ASAP. I will provide contract link, my support ticket ID and client's email address privately to support staff only.

Thank you, Ales

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Ales,

I understand you need help from moderators in the Community regarding this as you have been advised by our support team to have the client contact them through a support ticket which they couldn't do.

I can see on your active support ticket that the team is doing their best to assist you regarding this matter and I can assure you, they are the only team who can assist at this point. Please, if you have further questions or concerns, update your support ticket so they can assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths