🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment delay issue
Page options
1f2a8d2c
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568

Hi Proper,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello community

I have requested payment since November 07, until today I still haven't received it.

I wrote to the support, they said to wait 08 days. The 08 days have passed, yet I have not received any payment.

Please tell me, have I infringed a rule FireShot Capture 357 (1).png?

Hi Prosper,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the fund withdrawal. Please note that there was a bank holiday in the US on Nov 11th. That said, the 8 working days will be over on Saturday, Nov 19th. If you do not receive funds after 8 working days, contact us here and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8888655c
Community Member

Your specific bank transfer time will vary depending on a range of factors, including fraud prevention, different currencies, different time zones, and bank holidays/weekends.Online payment gateway in uae. In general, the bank transfer time will be around one to five working days.

c7869978
Community Member

The pending period showed it was over, however the amount was not available for withdrawal from this client from that specific week.  When I go to Transaction History, I can see the amount and it is no longer pending but it never gave me the option for withdrawal. Please let me know what could have been the issue here? 

I am also wondering about this same issue.

Hi Aida,

I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't received the funds in your account. I can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S and in your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c7869978
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your help. The issue is that I was not able to "Get Paid" for that specific transaction. It did not show any indication for withdrawal therefore I had no option to click withdrawal for that amount. It just shows on transaction history that it is no longer pending, however it was never an option for withdrawal, if that make sense.

I have been able to make other withdrawals for payments scheduled after that date, so I am not understanding why that exact amount has been skipped over.

3481c1d3
Community Member

Hi. I need help with my transfer earlier to my local bank. I contacted my local bank and they said my account has been closed that's why the money didn't reflect on my account and it will credit back to my upwork account. Can you help me about this? This is my first time though and I'm so worried right now.

Hi Marle,

Thank you for reaching out. Once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled whether it is manual or automatic. The funds will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues with the bank account, the funds will be returned to Upwork and once this has happened, rest assured that we will immediately credit the funds to your account.

~ AJ
Upwork
8ec86e07
Community Member

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number and in fact, I have succesfully made a withdrawal back in July and everything went smoothly. However, I made a transaction recently on Nov 4th but still have not received any payment and it is now already Nov 17th. 

Please guide me. I have called my bank and they said there were no floating transactions on my account. 

Best Regards,

Diyana Qistina

Hi Nur,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, we will initiate a trace for you. I see that today is the 8 working day, please allow another 24 hours for the payment to get credited. Feel free to message us if you do not receive the funds after 24 hours.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d7e21a70
Community Member

Good afternoon. 7 days ago I made a withdrawal via bank transfer to the Polish bank Santander. The money has still not come.

Hi Oleksandr,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that our team has already reached out to you via support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

What is this hassle you are imposing us now ?

We need to pay for electricity, internet connection, to continue working on your platform.

We have to struggle to find work, and then struggle again to receive payment?

I am in the same situation since Nov 07

The support only sends messages to calm us down instead of solving the problem.

carlocoronado
Community Member

My contract ended and I tried to withdraw my earnings using Direct to Local Bank (Philippines).

I withdraw it last November 2, 2022, and was not able to receive it up to date (November 18, 2022).

Ref ID: 527001042

Please help!

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
magedbaraka
Community Member

Hello, 
When I try withdraw my balance to paypal, i get notification that withdraw done successfully but after one minute i get notification that transfer could'nt be process

when i get back to get paid tab in upwork i found my balance as same as before and also found " failed " and " re-enable " under my paypal email account.

also i try to add " direct to local bank " method but i get notification that iban number is invalid although i get the iban number from my bank application !!

i need a solution asap

Hi Maged,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
c0cdb76e
Community Member

Hello!

I made my 1st Payment to local bank on 15th november, 2nd Paymenton 17th and 3rd Payment on 19th and all of their statu is "Requested" on upwork. I have also called my bank and they say they havent received any payment. Its been 6 days and I havent received the 1st payment. What should I do? 

bilsim
Community Member

It takes 3-5 business days. Starting from the 15th, that's still 4 business days max. In some cases even 7 business days, depending on the bank and country.

f3fa9585
Community Member

Hello

I want to ask, I made a withdrawal of my funds to a local bank account from November 19, 2022 and there has been an email notification that my funds have been processed, but until today it has not arrived in my account for more than 2 days, is there anyone here who can help me.

thank you

yofazza
Community Member

They won't initiate a trace before 8 business days has passed.

November 19th is Saturday. Today is business day #1. The money could appear today.

f3fa9585
Community Member

Thank you for the info

Hi Ade,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Upwork support team.

I have not received my money after your famous 08 days.

I have requested payment since 07 Nov. Today is 21 Nov.

The bank does not recognize any authenticity of this document you sent  . It does not reflect the swift in any way. No origin of money transfer from X bank, from any country to UBA Bénin. This document does not prove that you have paid me according to my bank.

Pay me my money, Please.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Prosper,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you haven't received your funds. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
1a9705e0
Community Member

I have not received payment in my bank, it’s been a week now and it’s not showing anywhere in my bank.
My account details were correct and it was my first withdrawal from upwork. Can someone from upwork help me figuring out where my payment stands?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Umair,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4e51db91
Community Member

I made a withdrawal on November 15 2022 but until now the funds have not been received at my local bank, even though all account numbers have been filled in correctly.  the balance on the upwork account has also become 0, so what should i do?  please help me for this problem

mr1996
Community Member

Contact your bank.

4e51db91
Community Member

the bank said: please contact the upwork team because my local bank is a passive recipient of funds.
so what should i do?

yofazza
Community Member

Upwork will only help you with a trace after 8 business days has passed. What bank btw?

4e51db91
Community Member

team upwork just say waiting and waiting, im very confused. my is BCA in Indonesia

Hi Tio,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

You may also want to coordinate with the team through the email they sent you regarding actions that need to be taken on your account. You can also update the ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4e51db91
Community Member

I've been waiting for payment for 8 days but until now I haven't paid in my local bank, please check my status of withdrawal Ref ID 530990949

581d9057
Community Member

Hello Upwork
I’ve withdrawn my available balance on Wednesday (16th November) and I was expected it will be available in my local bank by next couple of days. Unfortunately, It’s been 9 days and no result yet. I’ve contacted my bank even and they said no balance and i even didn’t receive the confirmation email (with exchange rate and other stuffs) .

This is the history of my first withdrawal and the last on 20th November and the same history for this withdrawal as well.

Hi Syed,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
read_your_data
Community Member

Hi,

I hope you are all doing well,

I made a withdrawal on Nov 20, 2022, to my local bank account (Reference ID: 531796539)

and until now, I didn't receive anything in my account.

I am used to receiving payments to my account within 1 business day

Please help me out with this.

ps: not sure if this is relevant but I have a top-rated badge.

thanks,

Hi Ahmed, please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further.

Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths