🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
8e207941
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

I have been working on Upwork for the past 2 years and have made weekly withdrawals to my local bank account without any major delays.

It's usually deposited in the same day as the payment is processed but sometimes it took a couple of days. 
However, starting on April 24th I've made

three witdrawals (24th, 26th and May 3rd) and all of the 3 still havent been credited to my account. 
Upwork says I need to wait the full 8 business days to trace the payment (which it means I have to wait until Monday to trace the first) but to me is very strange that 3 consecutive payments, made in different dates could've been lost. 
Yesterday I got in contact to the intermediary bank I have been receiving from since the beginning of March and the last payment order they received for me was April 17th. 
I get paid weekly, so it's sufficient to say that three weeks of missing payments can cause a wreck in someones financials. 
I just wanted to know how can I solve this as quicky ás possible and if someone else has been through the same ordeal recently. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
armstrongg1
Community Member

Hello Beatriz, the same is happening to me. I'm from Brazil too, it could be something general. The problem is having to wait 8 business days to be able to open a ticket. The service provided by Upwork in this type of situation is very poor.

How long since your first withdrawal? Did you get paid since then?

April 26. I will open a ticket on Wednesday when the deadline ends. Have you already opened a ticket with them so they can trace what happened?

Yes, I opened a ticket yesterday regarding the withdrawal from April 24th. They told me that the issue was probably at my local bank's end and that they could take up to four weeks to trace the payment, which is absurd. What bank are you using? (not sure if it makes a difference). I made two withdrawals to Inter and then the last one to Bradesco.

Mine is Banco do Brasil. I'll do it via Paypal next time until this is resolved. Funny that this never happened. It's probably an Upwork issue and has nothing to do with the local bank.

to me the weirdest part is that they managed to 'loose' THREE different withdrawals.

Yes, I have 2 lost. If there are any updates we will post them here. They said the same standard answer of 4 weeks to me.

spectralua
Community Member

Dont rush, you must wait that 8 days to start trace. No other ways.

b1726957
Community Member

Hi, is there a way for me to get confirmation that my withdrawal method is valid? I got payment rejected once and had to do a manual check of my information.

Currently I've updated my banking information and re-request a direct bank transfer. Could the support team help to confirm that the bank information is correct? It's been 6 business days since my payment request (29th Apr) and I just want to make sure that I won't have to wait another 8 days without knowing everything is correct. I have checked with the bank and no transfer is  available.

Thank you.

Hi Long,

We checked your account and saw that it is already active. You can check it here. You might need to confirm that your bank account details are correct to ensure you won't have any issues when you withdraw your earnings. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b1726957
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I've just updated my payment method again. It seems that I made a mistake inputting my account number. Could anyone from your team double check for me if the details are valid? Cause I won't be able to withdraw in the next 3 days and I want to make sure that it's right this time.

e3758e3e
Community Member

Hi, I hope you're doing good. 
I made a payment from Upwork on May 4th 2024, but it hasn't been received in my local bank yet. I contacted my local bank, and they don't have any record of the payment in their system against this reference ID yet. Can you please help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

Wait 8 days. Request trace if not received.

AndreaG

Hi all,

Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~Andrea
Upwork
ec65e13e
Community Member

I initiated withdrawal on 5 May and today is 14, but still I have not received.

Hi Rohit,

I looked closely at the withdrawal transaction you're referring to and confirmed that it was successful on our end. However, please be aware that direct-to-local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but they can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process.

Please let us know if, after 8 business days, which is by the end of day tomorrow (15- May), if the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ec65e13e
Community Member

Hey,

I think it is end of the day of 15 May but still I have no received my funds. What should I do now ?

Thank you for your response and confirmation, Rohit,

I'm sorry if you still haven't received your funds. I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist you in initiating a trace for the funds.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8e207941
Community Member

In my case I've waited the 8 business days for two of my transfers. It's really frustrating not knowing what happened with your paycheck.

Hi Beatriz,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your funds yet. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
34be5fa0
Community Member

Hello,

I have my weekly withdrawls to my bank account on Wednesdays.  This is my first automatic withdrawl to my bank account.  I know I entered everything correctly but the money is not there and on upwork's end it showed that it was withdrawled to my bank account.  How long does this take?  This is my first one.  Thanks for your time.  -Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I took a closer look at the withdrawal transactions you're referring to and confirmed that it's been successful on your end. Please be aware that Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process.

Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
34be5fa0
Community Member

Thank you so much for looking into this for me Arjay and confirming.  I appreciate your time. -Wendy

3bfdb469
Community Member

Hi, I initiated a payment withdrawal from my Upwork account on April 30th, 2024. I received an email confirming that the payment has been processed and may take up to 5 business days to reach my bank, from May 3rd to May 7th. However, it's been 2 days since then and the payment has not yet appeared in my bank account. I've checked with my bank and there's no pending payment in the pipeline. Could you please provide an update on the status of my payment? A screenshot of the email is attached!

Hello Abdul,

If it's your first transfer, it may take 2 to 3 days more. If you don't get by today, I suggest generating a support ticket or direct chat.

Hello Bhadreshkumar,

Thanks for your response, yeah it is my first transfer but it's now two days past the expected arrival date for my payment, as stated in the email confirmation.

Hi Abdul,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your funds. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days (by Monday, May 13), let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Upwork
daviduppies
Community Member

Hello, 

I made a withdrawal from my Upwork account on the 09/5/2024 around 2:00am. The payment was processed successfully an hour later, but I'm yet to receive the funds. 

Usually, such payments hardly delay as long as this (I have been using this payment method for a while). The minimum time has always been a couple of hours, but this has been over 24 hours now. Is there any issue going on?  

Thanks.

David.

Hi David,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your funds. I checked the fund withdrawal you are referring to and can confirm that the same has been successfully initiated from your account.

Please know that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days (by Wednesday, May 22), let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for your response.

Wanted to point out that I also made another withdrawal this morning and got the funds within an hour.

However, the previous withdrawal has not yet reflected on my account even though it was successful. 

I will be patient and wait to see what happens though.

Thanks

bc40b184
Community Member

Contact Upwork support regarding the withdrawal delay. It's unusual for transfers to take over 24 hours.

daviduppies
Community Member

Hello everyone,

It's been 48 hours now since I made a withdrawal from my Upwork account on the 9th/05/2024. 

My payment has not yet reflected in my account. This is very strange because I equally made another withdrawal on the 10th which was credited almost instantly. 

The last time something like this happened, I had to wait for almost a week. This isn't very good for freelancers who need access to their funds instantly. Please can anyone look into this?

Hi David,

We understand how important it is for you to receive your funds on an expected date and time. However, I took a closer look at the withdrawal transactions you're referring to and confirmed that it's been successful on your end. Please be aware that Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process.

Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ec65e13e
Community Member

Hey there,

Recently I withdraw an amount from upwork and I also got the confirmation mail from the. But it has been more than a week but I have not received any payment in my bank yet. 

I am trying to contact customer support of upwork but their chat bot is not giving me any help or something it just do not respond. 

What can I do in this case? Any type of help is appreciated. 

Thanks 

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your message. I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the withdrawal has been successfully initiated from your Upwork account. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Please i have the same issue colud you see my last withdrwad why i havent received yet the Proccesed Mail confirmation

daviduppies
Community Member

Hello, everyone.

The last direct to Local withdrawal i made on the 9/5/2024 was eventually reversed back to my Upwork account on the 12/5/2024. 

I updated my payment method and made another withdrawal today but I'm still yet to get the payment even after several hours of successful withdrawal.

This is becoming frequent and has never happened before. I have used this method for a very long time without experiencing any issues. Is there an issue going on with the Direct to Local Bank method? I'm already considering trying another payment method. But I feel disappointed because I need those funds quickly and can't get fast access to them. Hopefully, if this doesn't go through again, it will be reversed. 

I anticipate any helpful response.

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths