🐈
» Forums » Support » Do I need to prepare a CV when responding to ...
Page options
Community Member

Do I need to prepare a CV when responding to clients?

I've encountered three clients in chat who requested that I provide them with a resume. Interestingly, all three turned out to be fraudulent and in violation of Upwork's policies, as they were attempting to hire me as a company resource and pay me outside the platform. They all insisted on receiving my resume. Is this a common request from legitimate Upwork clients? (I'm still gaining experience with Upwork clients after sending out 20 proposals.)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

It's uncommon for legitimate Upwork clients to request a traditional CV or resume. Upwork profiles should provide sufficient information for clients to make hiring decisions. If a client insists on a resume or requests to hire you outside the platform, be cautious, as these could be signs of potential scams. Politely explain that Upwork profiles showcase your qualifications. Most clients prefer to evaluate freelancers based on their profiles and communication through Upwork's messaging system. If you encounter unusual or suspicious requests, report them to Upwork support.

Tural Babashov

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

It's uncommon for legitimate Upwork clients to request a traditional CV or resume. Upwork profiles should provide sufficient information for clients to make hiring decisions. If a client insists on a resume or requests to hire you outside the platform, be cautious, as these could be signs of potential scams. Politely explain that Upwork profiles showcase your qualifications. Most clients prefer to evaluate freelancers based on their profiles and communication through Upwork's messaging system. If you encounter unusual or suspicious requests, report them to Upwork support.

Tural Babashov
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths