🐈
» Forums » Support » Do you want to allow “https://www.upwork.com”...
Page options
a01a1a6d
Community Member

Do you want to allow “https://www.upwork.com” to use up to 1.3 GB of storage on your Mac?

Every time i reload Upwork a prompt appears saying "

Do you want to allow “https://www.upwork.com” to use up to 1.3 GB of storage on your Mac?

yes or no

"

What's this

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

Like any website, Upwork.com needs to use resources on your device in order to load its contents and save your account data for easy access to any change you need to perform on your account.

We would like to clarify that the message prompt asking for storage you have been getting is a setting from your Safari browser and is not directly controlled by Upwork. The same message can appear if you regularly access any other site that will require storage for your account data and changes.
As you load Upwork.com on your browser, Safari assesses how much storage the page needs based on your account data and the changes you make - therefore asking you if you want to allow the use of that storage capacity.

• If you agree, Safari should allot the said amount of storage for your usage whenever you go to Upwork.com
  • If you opt to say no, the same process of Safari assessing how much storage is needed and the message asking your permission will always re-appear.

You can see more details about this behavior here.
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
yofazza
Community Member

Are you using an outdated Safari?

759e32fa

Hi Maruf,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork

Everything is updated on my mac. And this pop issue is also gone automatically. But i wonder what was that . 

Thanks for your concern.

sidan5
Community Member

Same here. Safari on mac (all updated).

r_signal
Community Member

Same issue here:
Browser used: Safari
Browser version: 16.2 (18614.3.7.1.5)
Machine’s OS: MacOS
Machine’s OS version: Ventura
Screenshot: attached
Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better: This issue started since start of this week (5-7 days)

Hi Shahid,

We appreciate you providing these details. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
r_signal
Community Member

Shows everytime on "messages" and "find work" and proposal detail on reload. Didnot find it on profile page. Other screens may be affected.

kvasir
Community Member

I'm seeing this today as well.

Browser: Safari

Browser version: 16.5.1 (18615.2.9.11.7)

Machine’s OS: MacOS

Machine’s OS version: Ventura 13.4.1

Screenshot attached

It started this morning (July 10), I haven't seen it before.

Hi Mette,

Thank you for sharing the additional information. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I too received this notification and allowed it. How can i review my consent on this? Is this a possible hack to my machine storage?
Thanks,
DJ

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Obviously something is wrong here : 

6bfcdaf8_0-1689045258465.png

Hi Alper,

Have you tried updating your OS to the latest version? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Where on the website/app you're getting this pop-up message
  • Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
sidan5
Community Member

Having the same issue. 

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 11.29.08.png

sidan5
Community Member

So the issue is dramatic as I cannot see any new messages through UpWork UI. as it doesn't seems to load. please fix.

Hi Idan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
nshady16
Community Member

This is happening to me too, whenever I load the a page (home page, messages, though not the "My Jobs" page.).

• Safari 16.6
  • Ventura 13.5
  • Macbook Pro 16in 2019

Please work this out because it's incredibly tedious.

Hi Nick,

I am sorry to hear about the error message while accessing our site. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f8b6a71e
Community Member

Getting this issue too and disappointed that Upwork support keeps referring me to create a support ticket with a 3 day wait.

"Do you want to allow “**Edited for Community Guidelines** to use up to 2 GB of storage on your Mac?"

mailius
Community Member

I have the same problem. It is supper annoying:

Do you want to allow “https://www.upwork.com” to use up to 1,2 GB of storage on your Mac?

Mac: Ventura 13.2.1.

Safari:  Version 16.3 (18614.4.6.1.6)

Hi Vitalija,

Thank you for sharing the detailed information. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
NikolaS

Hi All,

Like any website, Upwork.com needs to use resources on your device in order to load its contents and save your account data for easy access to any change you need to perform on your account.

We would like to clarify that the message prompt asking for storage you have been getting is a setting from your Safari browser and is not directly controlled by Upwork. The same message can appear if you regularly access any other site that will require storage for your account data and changes.
As you load Upwork.com on your browser, Safari assesses how much storage the page needs based on your account data and the changes you make - therefore asking you if you want to allow the use of that storage capacity.

• If you agree, Safari should allot the said amount of storage for your usage whenever you go to Upwork.com
  • If you opt to say no, the same process of Safari assessing how much storage is needed and the message asking your permission will always re-appear.

You can see more details about this behavior here.
~ Nikola
Upwork

Got my Mac a month ago over this time the first and ONLY time this message appeared is at upwork.com. No other top website uses that much local storage.

Obviously this should be controlled, and Upwork shouldn't store that much data (prompted me for over 2GB). Upwork, don't try to offload resources to developer machines, thank you.

kvasir
Community Member

I've been using Safari for more than 15 years and I have never, ever seen this message on any other site.

5bb63951
Community Member

plzzzz reply l neend job

bobyilea
Community Member

Sorry, but this does not explain what we are seeing this on Upwork most of the time and not on any other website(I personally didn't see it anywhere else). Probably there is a limit after which Safari triggers this popup and it is obvious that Upwork uses a LOT more storage than any regular website. Just today I was asked to allow 6.4GB to be used by Upwork. What exactly does Upwork need 6.4 GB for? Not even Netflix or other websites that cache entire 4K movies trigger this prompt to appear...

yofazza
Community Member

Yes, there's a limit at which the notification will be triggered, but there was a bug that caused Safari to miscalculate the numbers (hence my first reply on this thread).

It's very unlikely they really use that many gigabytes of storage in our PCs.

meikson
Community Member

Nikola, that is all true. However, the size of the requests seems quite extreme! On my Mac Mini M2, running Ventura, it's asking for 2.5GB of space. That seems enormous for a website database. Can you explain?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths