🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How to change phone number
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

716 REPLIES 716
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

You should be able to update your phone number by going to Settings > Contact Info. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The method of going to Settings > Contact Info doesn't work because it automatically asks me to confirm an old number, I no longer have access to. I can't update my new phone number because in Contact Info I'm asked to receive and enter a code from my old number. I included a screen shot, just need my verified number removed because it's no longer my number.

Hi Daniel,

I've shared your concern with the team, and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi there,

I moved to another country and Upwork won't allow me to go to my settings as it asks for a code verification from my old number (which I do not have access anymore). is there any way I could change my number?

Hi April,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
tvasilj
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

I have same problem as April.

Could you be polite and help me to solve it.

BR,

Toni

Hi Toni,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

i  want change mobile number i  have lost let me know what is the processs

Hi Shiv,

I checked your account and see that you already submitted a ticket to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Upwork.
I hope you all are fine and doing a great job. I just enable the two-factor authenticator and connect with the google authenticator app but I lost my cell phone. Now I am unable to log-in on the mobile app. Please help me.

Hi Saif,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Recently i forget my phone number sim . So i can't login in my account . Can you tell me how i am login in my account without phone verification .
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mizanur.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mizanwork
Community Member

No team members connect me .. can you tell me how much time need for this 

Hi Mizanur,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket and is waiting on your response back. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I do have the same issue, phone number for verification was my old number which no longer exists. please assist.

Thank you for reaching out to us Michelle Lorraine and Shevi.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your requests. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran, 
i have an account as a freelancer but since I changed my phone number a while ago I can't enter anymore. Could you please open a ticket for that for me where I can share my login mail..?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for letting us know. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I'm having a hard time trying to access my upwork account because of the two factor authentication.  This is because i cant receive the OTP sent by Upwork because my phone was stolen just today. Is there a way that i can open my account and change my phone number in Upwork?

Hi Cielo Marie,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

Is there anyony here who can help me on how to change my phone number as the phone number listed in my upwork account is the old one. There's no way for me get any notification. 

Thank you,

Hi Joven,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
83e568c5
Community Member

Hi,

Replaced my phone with a new one. Lost all my codes from google authenticator (should have setup microsoft or 2FA in the first place). Now I can't access my upwork settings. Can I have a little help here? I thought google will save a backup of authenticator to my google account. Currently frustrated with google (all my company and currency accounts are locked out). Thanks for the help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Orlando Mark.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
83e568c5
Community Member

Thank you for updating me, Bojan! Smiley Happy

I would like to change my phone number, I have changed the country. Unable to open setting because o

Hi Rohit,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi.

I'm unable to access my setting as I had lost my phone used for verification. Please help. Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Argel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with updating your phone number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

My ticket was closed but the issue hasn't been resolved yet.

Thanks.

Hi Argel,

I have followed up with the team, and one of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
361515a2
Community Member

Hi, i have had my phone stolen recently, and cannot log in to my usual upwork account because i cannot receive the text message. I have opened an account with my second email (exclusively to communicate with you).How can you help me getting access to my account as i have clients writing me without being able to answer them.

Hi Erik,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please Help me where can i call a customer service because I cant login my account coz of text verification i lost my old number.

Hello John,

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you. 

Pradeep H

Upwork
dustypie
Community Member

Hello, I am a us citizen currently in spain. I am trying to set up my account, but its asking for a us phone number and I don't have access to mine due to being abroad. I do have a Spanish number, but I don't think I should put my location as spain because I am not a Spanish resident, and don't have a Spanish bank account. Can I use my Spanish number to get the verification code for a us account? I'm just not so sure what to do.

Hi Dusty,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! Unfortunately, my sim card was lost and I am unable to access the settings of my account since the two-way verification was enabled. Apparently, it would send a code to my number which I can no longer access. Is there any way I can change my old mobile number with the new one which I am using right now?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths