🐈
» Forums » Support » Double GST deduction, one with future date.
Page options
c3e3ba62
Community Member

Double GST deduction, one with future date.

This is related to Indian tax GST on one of the working week, does anybody knows why GST was deducted two time and one with future date?   

c3e3ba62_0-1712705025766.png

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Sachin,

India requires Upwork to collect goods and services tax (GST) and remit it to India’s government unless we have a valid Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) on file for you. GST is a tax on goods or services, including our services to you, and “remit” means to send money for a payment.

I checked your account and saw that you've indicated 'I don't have a GSTIN.' under your tax information. If you provide a valid GSTIN to Upwork, we will not have to collect this tax from you. You can enter or edit your GSTIN in your account’s Settings > Tax Information.

You can find more information here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5a7c4cbe
Community Member

Delete.

Hi Greeta,

I checked your recent transactions and can confirm that you haven't been charged GST twice on the same fees. Would you please have another look at your Transaction History page to validate this?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5a7c4cbe
Community Member

Delete.

Geeta, I can confirm that those GST charges are for service fees on two separate invoices billed to one of your clients. One is for the invoice of hours logged on the week of 04/15/2024-04/21/2024, and the other is for 04/22/2024-04/28/2024. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5a7c4cbe
Community Member

Delete.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths