🐈
» Forums » Support » Expired offer
Page options
khadkamuna
Community Member

Expired offer

About a week ago a client extended an offer to me.  But since he didn't have all of the materials I needed to start, I didn't accept.  

And the offer expired - right before all of the materials I needed were finalized.  Now he's unable to hire me as it says I need to accept the previous contract offer which is not possible. 

Can someone please help?

7 REPLIES 7
NikolaS

Hi Muna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lilipe
Community Member

Hi Nicolas, I have similar situation: I have a expired contact, that the client wants to pay now, but he says contract is waiting for my acceptance. And I can not, as it is expired. I'm new to Upwork and didn't know about expiration. I didn't accept the contract on time, as was not sure if I will handle it and we agreed on that. Now the job is done and he wants to pay. Is it possible to proceed somehow to payment? It is my first project and it really matters to me! Thanks in advance!

Hi Liliya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Since this was already archived, the client needs to send you another offer if they wish to hire you for the job. To do so, they can go to your profile and click the Hire button. They will then have the opportunity to update the offer to include the project title, description, and payment terms. Once the offer is sent, you'll be notified and be given 7 days to accept. You can confirm that your new contract is active by going to the My Jobs page and checking the list of contracts.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lilipe
Community Member

Thank you NicolaS, 

I will forward it to client. Hope he will do it for me! 

You are welcome, Liliya. 

I would also like to let you know that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. 

Additionally, I would encourage you to check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you have a safe and successful start on Upwork.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
khadkamuna
Community Member

and can you please tell me why my client**Edited for Community Guidelines** is unable to get refund?

Hi Muna,

If this is about the original offer you mentioned that wasn't accepted, an automatic refund is typically issued for the expired offer, which the client should see in their billing method within five working days. If they haven't received it after that time, you can advise your client to contact support directly for assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths