🐈
» Forums » Support » My financial account has been suspended due t...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,513 REPLIES 1,513
2a5c46dc
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Already removed and then added my PayPal. After that , PayPal is still inactive as shown and then the status "Financial Account suspended" is still there. 

Hi Roel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
brucepowelljr
Community Member

Hello, 

My account shows financial hold. I've made payment. I have freelancers that need to log hours but this is not being removed.

Pls Help.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a3a4c83b
Community Member

I paid my amount due. I added a tip and the payment didn't go thru. I called my credit card company and everything was fine. I tried to read the credit card and your system said the card was already added. So i added another card and made that the primary card and the pay button is grayed out.  Isn't there a number we can call for support?

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for your message. I see that the new card is already added to your account and the card was successfully charged for the last payment. You can refer to the Transaction History page for more information. If you still need to contact our support, you can click the 'Get Support' button and follow the instructions.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9c867067
Community Member

Hello everyone,

It's been almost three weeks with the following issue when I visit support and Help in Upwork:

"Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance. "

I already paid any pending balance almost three weeks ago even I created a support ticket but no one has helped me and resolved my issue. I cannot submit proposals and a client is not able to rehire me.

I'm really in a rush for this because I need to get the job done for this client.

Thank you very much.

Hi Rodolfo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

I have been trying to reach out support ticket with no luck and multiple replies but still I'm not able to submit proposals, there's 0 pending balance, I updated my billing information and I'm still not able to submit proposals and a client is not able to hire me.

This is a quite urgent manner.

Thank you

Hi Rodolfo,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. It looks like you've been communicating with the team via a support ticket here. We highly suggest you update the team through that ticket if you have questions or need further assistance and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4d80b954
Community Member

Hello withdrawal is restricted on my Account due to some refund issue I don't know how to resolve the problem I am new on Upwork please help me to start my journey on Upwork.

Thank you.

Hi Prabhakar,

~ AJ
Upwork
mohanad_omar_20
Community Member

There is nothing changed on my financial account and the payment method already exists.

I am not sure what's the problem with that.

Please help me to restore my upwork account. 

Hi Mohanad,

~Andrea
Upwork
linuxteknosia
Community Member

Dear support,

Why does my account have a notification like this, I have added my credit card but there is still an error like this. Can you help to check my account. Your financial account -xxxxxxx- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

Regards

Hi Budi,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you have to update the bank linked to your Paypal account. Please add a new bank to your Paypal or contact Paypal support for assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
saadatique95
Community Member

Hello everyone, I am getting this message from the past couple of days that "Financial transactions for my account are limited."

I have contacted upwork customer support like two days ago and haven't gotten any response. So, I thought to ask the community about it. 

I use upwork for direct contracts.

thank you in advance. 

Hi Saad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

but this is closing to a week now anybody did not attent to my request 

04a4651a
Community Member

This is the error i have been seeing on my Account and i want to withdraw my funds tomorrow with the plan of sorting out my bills. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have verified my account since Last Year and i still get this notification after the last payment a client did. 

Pls i will need help on this imediatly. Thanks
Many regards,

Al-Ameen

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Oyediran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
04a4651a
Community Member

okay please i will be glad if you can asnwers me quickly because i never see anybody attend to my request 

04a4651a
Community Member

Hi, i have been waiting for you guys to help me with this and this is my request ID  #38744254.

Today is my Schedule Withdrawal and I don't want to miss that.

I want an immediate response on this pls

Hi Oyediran,

Please allow the team time to review your case. Someone from the team will update you directly on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
04a4651a
Community Member

Hello I never get any respond still now 

Hi Oyediran,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
martyn_watters
Community Member

Bank Card Expired - Added new bank card and I am still getting this message

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or 
contact customer support.

There is no customer support. There is a never ending array of FAQ's.

How do I contact customer support to activate our new business card and pay our staff via upwork?

This is really bad form upwork, could you get it together?

Hi Martyn,

~ AJ
Upwork
04a4651a
Community Member

But this is getting too long because I have open request since a week ago and I did not get solution to.my account issues and today is the day that I want to withdraw from my account

hossamhesham12
Community Member

Hi Upwork teams, Greetings.

This is Hossam Saad and I am using upwork account for over 4 years.

Today, I tried to log in my account and it says "Your financial account -__________- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.".

There is nothing changed on my financial account and the payment method already exists.

I am not sure what's the problem with that.

Please help me to restore my upwork account. 😞

Hi Hossam,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
rewtabby
Community Member

Please some help me  with some  information. 

I was dealing with a project. it was a R&D project . i have failed deadline because of limited resources and limited access to my working place due to covid situation in China. later client raise dispute and my upwork team set a new another deadline. i have failed to but later i have finished the project. but during that time my financial transaction limited by upwork and currently client dont contact on upwork but asking for project + Device. 
My question is if financial transaction limitation not remove by upwork , what happend my money which i have earned from my other successfull project?

Please help me with any related information...

Hi Rezwana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
lordcyber12
Community Member

Hi , I'm Leandro Saccoletto , and I'm having "Financial transactions for Leandro Saccoletto (XXXXXXX) have been limited" message.
I don't know what to do . I added a credit card , I removed and added the paypal. At "Get Paid" I reconnected again Upwork at Paypal, set the payment details.
I need help to see what is missing or if is  a "fake warning" that isn't got my recent changes.

Hi Leandro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ae5d0248
Community Member

• Please help me I paid my balance  and the error still comes up 

Joann,

Can you attach a screenshot? I have never seen those words used on this site. Thanks!

07DBB2E2-C464-46A5-B9DF-34AEF4DD836E.jpeg

Hi Joann,

I can see that the team has reached out to you with more information about the status of your financial account in this support ticket. Looks like you're all set. As mentioned, should you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

~ Arjay
Upwork
53f00874
Community Member

Hello, please I have been having these issues for the past week now, My account is showing that Financial transactions for my account have been limited. Anyone with the knowledge of helping me, My support ticket is  #38837602.

Thank you very much

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths