🐈
» Forums » Support » design and creative category... spam jobs but...
Page options
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Flagging is down

Getting an error message saying flagging is temporarily unavailable when trying to flag scam posts, even after clearing my cache and history and trying diffrent browsers and restarting. Not good.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that this issue has been fixed and you should now be able to flag jobs if you believe they're inappropriate or violating Upwork TOS. 
We appreciate your patience while our team of engineers was working on fixing it. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
pgiambalvo
Community Member

For more than 3 hours now. Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Sorry to bug, but's now been more than 6 hours.

lysis10
Community Member

Everything is down. Errors looking at jobs, errors sending proposals (if the send proposal button works), nothing shows on the proposals page.

I switched to Edge and it works, so maybe try that. Who knows if my bids actually went through.

Thanks, Jennifer. Hope you, me, and everyone else hasn't missed getting any work because of this.

ArjayM

Hi Peter and Jennifer,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused. It's been escalated to the appropriate team and they're currently investigating this further. 

Once we have more information from our engineers, we will surely update this thread. In the meantime, thank you for reporting the issue and for helping keep the Upwork marketplace safe. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

I switched to edge for now and this is chrome but  lots of people are complaining just not here it seems.

lysis10_0-1659139428640.png

lysis10
Community Member

Proposal page.

lysis10_1-1659139544096.png

Feed (cut off top cuz it shows my searches)

lysis10_2-1659139583036.png

Find work page

lysis10_3-1659139613035.png

And submit proposal button doesn't work either. All chrome. 

Hi Jennifer, 

I have checked and I can't seem to replicate the error you're receiving. Can you please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies? Let me know if the issue persists and I'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
wescowley
Community Member

Arjay M wrote:

Hi Jennifer, 

I have checked and I can't seem to replicate the error you're receiving. Can you please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies? Let me know if the issue persists and I'll look further into that for you.

Arjay, I've cleared cache and cookies, and flagging is still broken in Chrome. I get a message that flagging is temporarily unavailable and then a popup like this:

chrome_H1r4clTS3b.png

edit: typo

Hi Wes,

Thank you for following up and sharing additional information. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Flagging still not working for me since Friday morning. Team reached out with a support ticket on Friday and I've heard nothing from them since then.

28425c32
Community Member

Oof and now Upwork's flagging inappropriate content tool is giving me error messages saying it's unavailable.

1f7a0dc0
Community Member

The problem is we can't filter the jobs based on location and verified payment.

I keep scrolling and all that I find are fake jobs from the same location with no payment methods.

Even the report feature doesn't work.

Please check the image below and tell me how can I stay motivated working on Upwork.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Still down today.  Support sent me a ticket yesterday at 5:30pm  PST but I haven't heard anything since then.

rolludesig
Community Member

as mentioned before lot of spams jobs are being posted in design category but flagging te job is not working and it givin following message :

Flagging is temporarily unavailable and changes have not been saved. Please try again later.

please someone from upwork let me know how should i flag these jobs so this spam posts be stopped which is going since few days now

Same for me. Still not working since yesterday morning.

and i am suprised no one seems to bothered as well  🙂

And the link that support sent me for the support ticket doesn't even open.

If you read spam posts they usually have gramatical errors, unreasonable requests like 500 pages for $5 done today, or are very general in the description. Whereas a real client might post more detail, but not always. I get frustrated with the spam too. There are real clients on Upwork.

I usually flag about 50 obvious, repeat, scams per day which I see are eventually taken down. When I flag them, it usually shows 5-10 people have applied. But since I haven’t been able to flag them for the past 2 days, they show 20-50 people have applied. So what’s that, roughly 2000 freelancers who applied to scam jobs and might get scammed because the flagging system isn’t working? And of course those are just the scams I notice in my specialized feed, so the real number must be much greater. Since Upwork (and freelancers) expect and depend upon us to alert them to scams to keep the site safe, you would think fixing this would be a huge priority.  

That's weird. A big company like Upwork should handle spammers seriously. It's again their terms, otherwise, I would create a bot to search and filter jobs based on verified payments and locations.

9c8f0515
Community Member

For the past 2-3 days, when I've tried to flag a post, I get an error saying flagging is not available or something.

I'm hoping they are working on the system to improve their scammer filter or something. The scams are fillingup pages in multiple categories.

timforden
Community Member

Two problems:

The first is that the Submit Proposal button doesn't work when on the Job Details page (i.e., when it's open in it's own tab), but it will work when i try it on the Job Details overlay while using the job feed. A little weird, but especially frustrating trying to apply for invitations and older jobs.

The second is that i can't flag jobs. Just found this out as there's a job posted (maybe still there) where someone posted their contact info as an attachment, seemingly to bypass Upwork altogether. Anyway, whatever, just can't flag.

Any help would be great -- especially for the first problem -- thanks!

Both the proposal bug and the unable to flag bug have been reported repeatedly and they say they are working on them.

Ah, i see that now. Guess i was out of the loop. Still, com'on upwork, what's going on?

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I've been trying to flag scams for the past four days but keep getting error messages say that this isn't available and to "try again later". I see typing scam jobs that already have 50+ applicants, but no way to flag them. When will this be fixed?

I've had a ticket open since Friday. Last night I got an update that said they are still working on it and would keep updating me.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Trying to report a job for being either illegal/unethical but it fails.

The response is flagging is temporary unavailable, it has been like this for a while.

https://www.upwork.com/nx/find-work/details/~012e2a5530ccb9a441?pageTitle=Job%20Details&_navType=sli...

editing credit cards and ID to verify identity is not really a job I would expect to find in Upwork

Hi Pete,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this issue may have caused. I can confirm that this has been escalated to the appropriate team and they're currently investigating the issue. Once we have more information from our engineers, we will surely update this thread. In the meantime, thank you for reporting the issue and for helping keep the Upwork marketplace safe. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
pgregory_indigo
Community Member

It's still, for a long time now, impossible to flag jobs as inappropriate, yet the feed is still chock full of illegal or unethical job postings. 

For <diety>'s sake UpWork, if you're not going to make any effort to filter out the illegal crap in the job feed, and instead rely on your freelancers to do it for you, at least give us the tools to do it!!!

For reference, I've tried this in the pop-over job description panel, and opening the job in a new tab, same result.

elyannie
Community Member

Is anyone else getting an error when trying to flag job posts lately?

I'm not sure if it's related but it happened after the design and layout of the website changed. 

Perhaps that may have caused some bugs. 

Yes, since Friday. And there many other bugs being reported as well.

Lol ok, thanks! 🙃 I guess we won't be able to flag jobs then. I just saw one that had the client's contact info right in the job description. Hope you all are getting used to the new layout.

I don't know if it's a muscle memory thing for me, or maybe I don't like change.  I'm struggling to find where all the buttons have moved. Feels like I'm floating in outer space with all the whitespace. 

I don't like the new layout for the same reasons you mention. But mine somehow switched back to the old one yesterday afternoon, so who knows what they're up to,

Peter G wrote:

I don't like the new layout for the same reasons you mention. But mine somehow switched back to the old one yesterday afternoon, so who knows what they're up to,

Peter, how did you get it?
I also want the old design 🙏

Maria, I didn't do anything. It just switched back all by itself, Now it's back to the new one again.

😤

The old look is back again. No idea how. But I was able to start flagging again yesterday.

Peter G wrote:

I think the CSS is broken too. Mine is all messed up but I've been forced to switch browsers cuz nothing works for me anymore (posted pics but still broken of course). On Edge, the CSS is the same and isn't broken, so I think the site is just busted unless you use a different browser. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths