🐈
» Forums » Support » Fraudulent charges
Page options
dominarfilms
Community Member

Fraudulent Charges

Hi, 

I recently noticed several large charges to my checking account from Upwork. I believe these are fraudulent charges because I have never linked a payment account to my profile nor have I hired anyone via Upwork in the past. I will be cancelling my debit card but is there anything that can be done on Upwork's side?

Thank you!

Katie

43 REPLIES 43

I have $336 in charges from **Edited for Community Guidelines** that are fraudulent. The last time I messaged him was on 9/3/22 and told him I was not going to move forward with him.   

I have his charges for Dec and am wondering if there are more than the $336.  Please advise.

Please refund my charge and block him from committing any further fraud with me.

Please confirm.  Thank you.

Hi Gwynne,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience you had with a freelancer. However, I can see that you've been communicating with the team and several support tickets have been set up about your case. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

Feel free to update your tickets on this page if you have questions or need further assistance with your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a67b9b6f
Community Member

Hi,
this morning I had a 927$ charge on my credit card
Upwork -541597947REF Dublin IE

and a 41$ charge

Upwork -541599139REF Dublin IE

I never heard of you before, so this is obvious a fraudulant charge

Hi Vadim,

I'm sorry to learn about this unauthorized charge on your account. I've shared your report with the appropriate team for further review and one of the team members will send you an email to assist you further with your concern. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the team by responding if you have questions or need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths