🐈
» Forums » Support » Freelancer has overcharged me - and delivered...
Page options
b0cbe3a7
Community Member

Freelancer has overcharged me - and delivered one page which does not work

Hello All,

I have repeatedly asked a freelancer to show the development work he is doing, and to charge me less. He has developed one page and after we urged him to take it live - AFTER THREE WEEKS - charging me 40 hours per week, it does not work.

The strange thing is - He is top rated. Are these ratings and reviews a scam?

Help! How do I get a refund from this person I believe he is a total upwork scam.

3 REPLIES 3
sulmanqamar
Community Member

It's important to acknowledge that achieving a badge on Upwork requires genuine effort and dedication. The platform's algorithms are designed to detect any fraudulent activities, ensuring a fair and transparent environment. I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced with your freelancer. I strongly recommend reaching out to Upwork's customer support team. Provide them with a detailed account of the situation, including all relevant information. Utilizing social media platforms to contact support can often lead to faster responses. Rest assured, Upwork's support team is experienced in handling these matters and is committed to assisting you in resolving this issue.

759e32fa

Hi Josephine,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
sajal36
Community Member

Josephine - I believe you need to go through the platform to learn how you control and manage the contract. If you think freelancer was overcharging you then you must have put a lesser hourly limit for the work, restrict the manual hours, reviewed the timesheets and ask for the project tracking dashboard on what freelancer is working on.. 

I am not sure what do you mean by freelancer being top rated and relate it to scam?  or " take us live with one page it does not work"? or "one page after 3 weeks"? There seems to be huge gaps in project management for this project.. Any website need to go through a development process and adequate testing / UAT..  If you are not able to follow or set a monitoring process then you must look at hiring the right people to do the job for you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths