🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Login error
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

378 REPLIES 378
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tahir, 

I checked your account and I can see that you were able to log in. Do you still need help with that? 

~ Avery
Upwork
5a22752e
Community Member

Yes as I need support logging into my other account associated with another
email then this one

Hi Tahir,

Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. You can PM me by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
04c22345
Community Member

Hi Joanna

I have the sama problem where this text shows up

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.
 This email address uses Google Sign-In.
this is for my account under another email **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I created a new account to ask this question but would like to be able to access the account connected with **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Arnar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via the email associated with the account you are referring to and assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9b378a56
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

I have the same issue with Google sign-in. Can you please check your PMs? 

Thanks a lot!

Hi Salma, 

I would be happy to help. I received your PM and will assist you there.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tsiremo
Community Member

Hi! Please help. I have the same problem with my Upwork app. Works perfectly fine in my laptop but on iPhone there's an error that I have not activated the Google sign in method. Please assist. 

Tsi

Hi Archimedes,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4d0d51c8
Community Member

Hello, i have an account with google email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, and i can't log in, because of this.

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

Please help me, reach me out at  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sparky,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. I've shared your concern with the Customer Support team and one of their members will be reaching out to you soon via a support ticket to assist you further. You will also see their message from your email. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cf7c719a
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I encountered the same issue trying to log in to my account with google as well. I had to create this account to ask you for helping me solve the issue (not for having 2 accounts).

The email that has the login problem is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you in advance.

Rus L.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible via a support ticket to assist you further.

I've also edited your comment as it is against our Community Guidelines  to share contact information.

~ AJ
Upwork
05471f5e
Community Member

Hello, i have an account with google email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, and i can't log in, because of this.

Please help me, reach me out at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am also having the same problem! I am a new user of Upwork and as it is currently, I cannot log in with my work email. I made this account just to resolve this problem. 

Hi Gavin,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello. My partner have the same issue.

He need to login to his UpWork account. He have a Google Acount, but everytime he click login, it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account." Then he choose another method of sign in, and it still doesn't work (just takes me back to the main page). 

Please help ASAP, he have a project due tomorrow that I can't access due to this issue! Thanks in advance. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jean,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the user you are referring to is already in communication with our team via a support ticket. Please direct them to their ticket and our team will be happy to assist them. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b49a0916
Community Member

Hello;

I am having the same problem. I cannot sign in to my freelance account via google sign in. Could I kindly get some assistance.

Hi Maureen,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

I have the same problem, I can't login with google when I use Chrome. Can you set up a new login method for my account?

Thanks,

Holly

Hi Xinyi,

It looks like you were recently able to log in! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Artem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a833714f
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

I am also facing the same issue with my primary login and hence have to login using a seperate account to post this questions. Could you help me get connected to support. 

Error message: You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

Hi Raj,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same issue. My Upwork account isnt get login on google chrome. I didnt why this happening.

Would you please help me to resolve this issue.

thanks!

Hi Elena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to log into your account recently. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance?

~ Nikola
Upwork

de.png

Hi Agg,

I checked and it looks like you are currently logged in to this account. Could you please confirm if you're still experiencing this issue?

~Andrea
Upwork
8a0f5b09
Community Member

Thank you ,  I created a new account just to reply and ask for help . Because I can't open my Acc.

Hi Agg,

Can you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi!

Im having issue with my upwork main profile. Im getting an error on my original upwork profile everytime I try to login. See attached.

After I change the email address to my new email address this is the error message. I already try to do troubleshooting but still getting same error. I hope you can help me. 

I needed to create new upwork profile to just get a support. I hope this can be resolved. Thankyou!

e907532e_0-1653762660722.png

Hi Candy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A member of the Customer Support team will be getting in contact with you directly through the email address associated with the account in question.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ac811ed6
Community Member

hello i have the same problem, made this account just to solve it,my other account have the same name as this account  ,i tried but couldn't troubleshoot it but nothing seemed to work

hope this get solved thanks !!

Hi Hachem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? Please be sure to include the email address associated with the account you are referring to. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ade8442d
Community Member

Hi there, When I was trying to login upwork by signing-in with google, it gives me an error message saying "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." Please help, thank you so much!

Hi Heather,

I just checked this account you are using to contact us right now and it looks like you were already able to log in to your account. I would just like to confirm, are you referring to a different account? If you do, please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
36b62252
Community Member

I keep getting this message when I try to sign into upwork (had to create another account to post):

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Hi Larry,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths