🐈
» Forums » Support » Google Sign-in not working
Page options
Tahir N Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

View solution in original post

502 REPLIES 502
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Micah Janine,

Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. I looked closely at your account, and you should now be able to send a PM to us moderators with the required information so that we can proceed with your concern. We look forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Micah Janine B Community Member

Hello Arjay,

I sent you the private message. Please let me know if you see it as it's not appearing on my end. 

Thank you

Micah Janine B Community Member

My private message doesn't show any "sent" or "received" tab, it's just plain white so I'm not sure if you received the message I sent earlier. I sent it twice but it's still not appearing on my end. Please see screenshot.Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 11.20.00 AM.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Micah,

I have already received a private message from you and we will continue our communication on private messages. Thank you!

- Pradeep

Chandler W Community Member

Trying to sign in to UpWork and it says my email uses Google but when I press sign in with Google it tells me I haven't activated Google sign in, but then it still won't let me sign in with password. 

Have tried every step of the chatbot and get no where. The furthest I got was filling in a form but then it wouldn't submit. 

Where can I just speak to a human, the chatbot and help pages are useless. 

Hi Chandler,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having difficulties logging in to your account. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Vandana V Community Member

My Google Gmail has been disabled,**Edited for Community Guidelines** and I am unable to log in to my Upwork account.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Vandana,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Ardave S Community Member

Hi! My upwork account is connected to google sign in. My problem is I forgot my password and security question answers. How can I change my password if thats the case?

I cant setup my w-9 form and withdrawal because it needs a password. I cant remember setting a password in upwork because at the first place its connected to my google.

Please help me. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ardave,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Muhammad Z Community Member

I've tried many times to contact the live agent on Upwork, unfortunately, i can't. Would you please assist me in creating a support ticket on Upwork or have a chitchat with an agent, so i can resolve my issue. As i'm top-rated freelancer, I want to remove one contract feedback from my profile ( “JSS Only” and “Hide from Profile and JSS”) Both. I'm sure i'll get assistance from there. Best Regards, Muhammad Zubair

Hi Muhammad,

I see that you already reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your feedback removal concerns. Please continue coordinating with the team through this ticket or your email; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Touqeer U Community Member

Hello Helpers:

You can please solve this issue. When I try to get login to my Upwork account. I shows " This email address uses Google Sign-In".

I'm not able to login my account with username and password or email and password. 

Thank you 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Touqeer,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Touqeer U Community Member

Thank you so much

Mary P Community Member

I am logged in on my Mother's account so I can post asking for help here. There seems to be absolutely NO way to log into my account and in order to get help with logging in, it seems you have to be logged in... I updated my e-mail address and now I keep getting the message " You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." BUT there is NO other sign in option avialable. I have tried everything to log in. PLEASE can someone help me. I have a freelancer who is currently working and I won't be able to pay her once she is done as I won't be able to release the milestone! 

Is it even possible to directlycommunicate with customer service? Or does it have to be done through this forum? 

Mary P Community Member

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mary,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry you're having trouble accessing your account. Would you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Mary P Community Member

Thanks very much, just messaged you. I didn't see the message in 'private messages' as sent but hope you got it. Please let me know if you haven't. Looking forward to getting back into my account. 

Sharee V Community Member

I have not been able to login into the upwork platform since Saturday, Feb. 25, 2024. I have used three different devices. I have access to the desktop app which allows me to check my messages and time clock, but I am not able to access anything else. It says that I have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address. I have always used the google sign-in method since day one. 

Sharee V.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sharee,

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty accessing your Upwork account. Could you please tell us more about the error message you get while logging in to your Upwork account? 

- Pradeep

German C Community Member

I can not acces to other account I have created. I used google sign-in when I created it, but then changed my email. With this email, the log-in widget tells me that this account uses Google sign-in, but the reality is that when I use the new email to do so, an error apperas on the screen: "You have not activated the google sign in for this account, please try another way". There is no other way. I have been trying to contact upwork customer support but it is impossible. I really don't understand. I need someone please help me fix this issue and get acces to my account again. Thank you.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi German,

~ Luiggi
Julie J Community Member

Hi,

I used Google to set up my account and now I can't adjust any of my settings, change my connect settings or do anything.  I am being asked for a password which I don't have.  When I try to use my Google password I receive the error message "invalid password".  Previous forum posts have not yielded any helpful information and the chat bot is no help at all.

Would love if someone can help me find a workaround.

Thanks

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Julie,

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths