🐈
» Forums » Support » Here to Report a Scammer/Scamming Client - Pr...
Page options
sabertooth
Community Member

Here to Report a Scammer/Scamming Client - Prompts for Free Work/Mal-intentions & Practices!!

Hey everyone, 

I hope everyone is doing fantastic. 

I became a member of Upwork back in 2011. Been through thick and thin but never got suspended and always had to re-acquaint and update myself with the everchanging World of Upwork freelancing. 

The 2020 Pandemic proved to be very very beneficial for Upwork. From $1.6 to $1.9 Billion now in 2024, we all know that the number are gonna go high and higher. 

Anyways, **Edited for Community Guidelines** here ended up wasting my connects and it seems that he has already exploited about 03 freelancers on Upwork, the feedback/history is visible to all. 

I'm not sure what format template to follow while reporting such clients, this is my first time .. so please correct me and guide for reporting further incidents as well. 

Yesterday I caught a Whole Network of Scamming FreeLancers from Egypt. They were all under the same Agency with thousands of dollars income earned and just $5/hour + 10 hours worked under their work history details. 

I sent an email to Upwork's both email addresses for that yesterday. 

Anyways, one topic at a time .. 

My wasted connects for now!! 

I'm attaching some screenshots of my conversation with the client here

ThankYou and Best Regards, 

Sincerely, 

Zargham Khan (Tyler)

The Limit is just 04 screenshots (attachments) 
so had to zoom out the last one, the person is still messaging me right now! 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
the-right-writer
Community Member

Stop communicating or doing anything with or about the client. Report to Upwork, and if they find it is a violation of the Terms of Service, you will receive your connects. So, no money wasted. Your time and effort are not returnable.

Also, the screenshots will be removed for "community guidelines." You cannot post Upwork's jobs or messages if there are any identifiers.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths