🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I'd like to restore an account I just del...
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
0c8783eb
Community Member

The problem is that it was linked to my google account. I was able to sign in with one click. 

I thought I was closing only my client account but I deleted both a client and a freelancer account linked to my google account.

Can a moderator please help me get it back?

Hi Karla,

I have checked your account and I can see that you've already reached out to our team for assistance. A support ticket has been created and I suggest you continue communicating through that ticket for updates. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
0c8783eb
Community Member

Someone reached out but I've sent her messages and she hasn't replied. It looks like the ticked above is marked "resolved". I have not reached a solution. Can you open another ticket or open that one back again?

Hi Karla,

It looks like you have sent a follow-up to the team already. Please allow them time to check and send you an update on the same ticket to assist further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0c8783eb
Community Member

WIll someone help me get it back?

Hi there,

Please send me the details. You can send me a private message by clicking my name.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem here. I accidentally closed my account and can't log in again. I hope you'll help me with this. I just made this account to reach out to you guys and I promised to delete it right away once I got my account back.

9d781bda
Community Member

Hello. I have created this email to contact support. Problem is that i have registered and then deleted account with this email: **Edited for Community Guidelines** after a year (i guess) i want to rejoin upwork with that email. but i cant sign up or sign in with it. kindly asking for a help.

550aa18c
Community Member

Hi!
I closed my unused account some time ago and now I want to create an account from scratch with actual information. But the system doesn't allow me to reuse email from the closed account, and also I cannot log in to the previous account. How I can solve this problem?
Also, I created this new account to contact support.

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c40a6210
Community Member

I had an existing upwork account and am attempting to create a new one for use with my new agency. 

I closed the old account, but I can't complete the verification process on my new account because it says my phone number is already in use. 

Can someone from upwork support please help me with this issue? 

Hi Neha,

I certainly understand your concern and we appreciate you reaching out to us. We can reinstate your old account but you need to close this new account to avoid violating our TOS.  Please note that you're only allowed to have one Upwork account. Having a duplicate accounting is a violation of Upwork TOS. Don't worry, I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8b2a3e3e
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem here. I accidentally closed my account and I can't log in again. I hope you'll help me with this. I just made this account and I promise to delete it right away once I reopen my previous closed account.

8b2a3e3e
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem here. I accidentally closed my account and can't log in again. I hope you'll help me with this. I just made this account to reach out to you guys and I promised to delete it right away once I got my account back.

Hi Lois Gayle,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
9ff65280
Community Member

Hi,

I'm kind of in a similar situtation I made an account and accidentally close it. now I can't signup or login into that account. i just created this one so i that i can cantact you. Please help

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi

Thank you. waiting for your assistance

78d52f9a
Community Member

Hello,

I am a user who wants to register for an Upwork account. After I closed my original account, I found that I couldn't sign up with the same email. The web page shows: "This email is already in use." Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help, which is very important to me. 

Hi Fai,

Since freelancers can only create one account on Upwork, it's not possible to sign up for another account with the same email. However, we could assist with reopening the original account and closing the new one. Let us know here or feel free to contact customer support via the Get Support button here if you need assistance with that. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
0c8783eb
Community Member

I accidentally deleted my account. I thought I was just closing the hiring client profile I'm allowed.

I made the same question two days ago and a mod asked me to send her more information. I did, then she never replied back. 

The account that was closed was a google linked account. I'd sign in with one click. Is that a hurdle in recovering it?

Thanks!

EDIT- I'm new to this space for support and I checked my old posts about the same issue and it looks like a ticket was created for me. I never was notified and I never went to the ticket to add information. It was created on monday and there was no activity and it looks like it was closed. I added a comment a little while ago and it looks like it's open again but not assigned to anyone. Will that ticket help me get my issue resolved or do I open another one? I don't see a way to close that one.

Also, I reached out to a mod yesterday but never heard back from her. 

Hi Karla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked the ticket associated with the account and it looks like it has been picked up by one of our agents. They may not reply right away since they respond to tickets in the manner that they were received but rest assured that they will reach out to you as soon as possible. Kindly send your inquiries to this ticket so they can assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Please I also need help to recover an old account. I try to sign up again and saying the email is already in use. Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ff956f31
Community Member

While signing up I am getting error "This email is already in use." and while logging in I am getting "oops, username is incorrect". Please allow me to sign up using my email id. 

Thanks

Hi Barghav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Just to clarify, are you trying to sign up or log in to your account? I checked your account and saw that you were able to log in recently. As for signing up, you're only allowed to have one account on Upwork. Having multiple accounts is against our Terms of Service. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

I want to close my current account and I want to re-create account using my older email id which is throwing earlier mentioned error. Can you please check on that email so can I can proceed with that

Thanks

Hi Bhargav,

Thank you for following up on this. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
8a5abff4
Community Member

I had an old account that I lost access to. I think I deleted it and I sought to regain access a while ago but was neve able to. 

I have access to the email address it was linked to. 

Is closing this account required of me? This account has just been restored after I accidentally closed it on Monday. I would like to do things the right way but I don't want to risk not being able to get back on the platform.

The right way is to contact Support to regain access to your original (first) account and delete the one your are currently communicating with. You are only allowed one account, and this is the initial one.

Hi Karla,

It looks like you've already reached out to our team and a support ticket has been created with your concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket or email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8a5abff4
Community Member

They marked it solved since they restored this account but there is an older one.

Hi Karla,

I can see that you just sent a follow-up message to our team through the previous support ticket. Please keep an eye out for updates here or at your email address. We seek your patience while we address your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
073219ca
Community Member

Hi, I just signed up for Upwork as a freelancer a few minutes ago, but during setting up my profile, realized that it had automatically taken the name attached to my Google account.

I went into the settings to try to change that name (I wanted to use a shorter form), but ended up closing my account, thinking I'd just be able to sign up again with the same email but manually type the name.

I tried to sign up / log in again but it redirects me in a loop from "Account already exists" to "Not recognized for Google sign-in".

So I used an old burner email to log in and type this. I'll be happy to close this account if you can reopen/restore my original. I can share the original email address in PM.

Hi Leah,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be glad to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
151bd71d
Community Member

151bd71d_0-1653752064492.png

I cannot Login / Signup with my Google Account

It shows the Error

Google account g...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

when i sign up

and it says

Account already in user

Hi Neel,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be glad to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
96bb268e
Community Member

Please can someone help me reopen my old account?

Hi there,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ AJ
Upwork
45692d67
Community Member

I closed an account previously but I want to recover it, so I've created a new account with my hotmail address, and when I try to change my email it says it's already in use, but when I try to login with my gmail account this message appears:

"Google account ...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths